Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Godzilla: Millennium Series (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=10411)

The Sarge 06-09-05 07:56 AM

Godzilla: Millenium Series.

How MINT are these movies! Am well loving 'em. FX are not top of the range but are better than some stuff that hollywood churns out, and i do like the more meaner, aggressive look that the studio's have given Godzilla's face. The only thing missing from these re-makes that was present in the originals is Godzilla's hissy fit where he used to stomp on the spot and wave his arms around like a child having a mardy.... would've been nice if it was in at least once in the re-makes.

Titles i've managed to get on DVD:

Godzilla: 2000
Godzilla VS MechaGodzilla
Godzillla VS Gojhira
Godzilla: Giant Monsters All Out Attack
Godzilla: SOS Tokyo

I am after Godzilla: Final Wars (the 50th anniversary film which sees Big G travelling around the world having some ruckage with his old enemies, plus a new foe named MonsterX) but as yet there dosen't seem to be a dubbed or subbed version out.

Soooo, what do you folks think of these movies? Love 'em, hate 'em or couldn't give a monkeys either way?

nebbit 06-09-05 08:01 AM

I actually think they are hilarious, don't hate them. :nope:

Cyberia 09-10-08 05:48 PM

Re: Godzilla: Millennium Series

After the original fantastic film, Godzilla was fairly mediocre for many years but the great stuff started with the 1984 revamp. I hope I'm around when Godzilla hits the big screen again.

alexiscabel 10-08-08 11:40 PM

Hey Sarge, I also collected them, and my copies except for Tokyo SOS were Asian copies. It took two trips to Hong Kong to complete them, and I'm proud I did. 'also collected the Heisei Series in my following trip, all Asian copies too. 'love this genre, I mean just sit back, relax and enjoy the special effects and rampage. Here's a pic of the 50th anniversary Godzilla Final Wars Asian copy. It doesn't have English subtitles though unlike the others.

http://images.stanzapub.com/readers/2008/08/13/1_3.jpg

St.Pete Zombie 10-16-08 01:22 PM

I actually have a decent collection of godzilla films. I have Final Wars and I was impressed with the special effects and fight scenes.
I'd have everyone thats out in retail by now, if they weren't so gawd dang expensive. $14.99 I'd bite, but when I see $24.99 and $29.99 in stores such as FYE and Suncoast(which I think recently went out of business) that be too rich for my blood.

A Godzilla film I am looking for is an old one where Godzilla teams up with the Ultra-man wanna-be robot Jet Jaguar to fight Gigan and Megalon :D Forget what the title of this one was

alexiscabel 10-20-08 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by St.Pete Zombie (Post 469355)
I actually have a decent collection of godzilla films. I have Final Wars and I was impressed with the special effects and fight scenes.
I'd have everyone thats out in retail by now, if they weren't so gawd dang expensive. $14.99 I'd bite, but when I see $24.99 and $29.99 in stores such as FYE and Suncoast(which I think recently went out of business) that be too rich for my blood.

A Godzilla film I am looking for is an old one where Godzilla teams up with the Ultra-man wanna-be robot Jet Jaguar to fight Gigan and Megalon :D Forget what the title of this one was
That's Godzilla vs. Megalon in 1973. I completed the Heisei series also after the Millennium series. The Heisei DVDs are HKD20 or USD2.60 each. My most expensive copy is Tokyo SOS at USD21.50 because it's a non-Asian version. The rest of my Millennium series DVDs are also USD2.60 and USD5.40 (Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla and Final Wars).