Breaking Bad

Tools    

Final episode vague spoilers warning

My favorite scene for me in finale was when he finally bared his soul to Skylar, and it looked like he was lighter after saying it. It was the best dialogue he delivered in the series. He threatened, coerced, and fought in the final episode, but he never went acted like Heisenberg as it was like he didnt need the campy persona to perform anymore.

Wonder if Gyllenhal would be inspired to do a Jesse Pinkman spinoff. I guess it'd be called "Going Good" I'd give it a try as Aaron Paul would be a competent lead.

Ive waited for this a long time. Ive seen every episode of Breaking Bad - once. Now Im gonna go thru and watch them from 1st episode of 1st season on, shoot for an episode a day. I think more songs will be noticed that I did the first go around, and some scenes as I was laughing hard or wincing the first viewing.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Tongo, I think what you will notice first is just how FAST the show jumps into the fray of things. I had forgotten just how much sh*t got real right in the first few episodes.

See, now I gotta fire up the ol' Netflix and watch 'em again myself.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I thought there were a few hilarious moments last episode, notably when we see Badger and Skinny Pete one last time and when Kenny was killed yet his body is still in that massaging chair lol. It's a very dark show, but there's definitely elements of black comedy in there no doubt about it.

A system of cells interlinked
The Sopranos did the same thing. Tony was constantly taking phrases from Dr. Melfi and restating them later but getting them wrong. And Paulie was a constant source of laughs.

"Hey Tone... my ****in feet are freezin...the Russkies...the took my ****in shoes, Tony! Now I am out in the forest, and I can't feel my toes... We gotta get these russkies, Tone!"

"Hey Tone... my ****in feet are freezin...the Russkies...the took my ****in shoes, Tony! Now I am out in the forest, and I can't feel my toes... We gotta get these russkies, Tone!"
Paulie was just about only there for comic relief. Guy was hilarious.

Chris: "You remember Princess Diana? You think the royal family put out a hit on her?"
Paulie:"Last time I'm taking a limo to Paris"
Chris: "Like you ever been to Paris, Paulie"
Paulie: "I went over there for a blowjob... your mom was working a bon-bon stand at the Eiffel tower.

Or when he talked about food: "Buffalo muzarell", "gabbagoal", "provaloan".

Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Yep. Whoever came up with is awesome.

My TV listings lists Breaking Bad as a "comedy-drama". Is that even appropriate? Sure, there are funny parts, but geez...
Actually, a lot of the show was hilarious. Call it black comedy, but there were plenty of laughs over the years. Sure, the last season was a lot darker, but even that had its moments. Sometimes just their choice of background music made things funny -- like Walt rolling that barrel of money through the desert till he finds the guy with the truck. I forget the name of the song, but it was meant to be strangely humorous.

Plus, how can you forget Saul and his punchlines? And Jesse and his idiotic comments (especially early on)? Cow house? Really?

The movie "Fargo" has a similar feel to it: dark, black comedy. Almost morbid. The Sopranos did the same thing. Tony was constantly taking phrases from Dr. Melfi and restating them later but getting them wrong. And Paulie was a constant source of laughs.

ANYWAY ... I don't mind the comedy-drama designation, though I'm not sure I'd weigh those elements as 50/50.
The show grew consistently darker with each season, but it was always hilarious. Until... this last bunch we just got. After Hank figured everything out, **** got really real, so the comedy diminished and got really subtle, as opposed to the many laugh-out-loud stuff in the rest of the show. But the show was always hilarious. That's why it was so easy for that dude to make those "Breaking Bad as a sitcom" things on youtube. Because it really is that funny. That's one of the reasons I love the show. It has an amazing balance between dark comedy, light comedy (Walt being pathetic and lame, in the best of ways) and serious business, tension and ****. Remember The Fly episode. Nothing happens in it, they're just locked in there, trying to catch a fly like idiots. Sounds like a dumb premise, and it is, and it's hilarious. But there are all these unsaid things underneath, and along with hilarious, it's really tense.
Ive waited for this a long time. Ive seen every episode of Breaking Bad - once. Now Im gonna go thru and watch them from 1st episode of 1st season on, shoot for an episode a day. I think more songs will be noticed that I did the first go around, and some scenes as I was laughing hard or wincing the first viewing.
lol you wanted it to end for such a long time?

Yeah I watched every season only once, except for the first one, which I watched twice. And yup, I'm watching the whole thing again, but not right now. Gotta leave it finish dying before reviving it.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Fly is a great episode. I get that people don't like it, but i thought it was so odd and full of symbolism that i can't help but to love it.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I thought the show got more hilarious towards the end because of Walter's subtle craziness. "Jesse is mad at me for something that he thinks I did," Walt stops for a second. "I did do it." Or "Do you really want to live in a world without Coca Cola?", or just a lot of the normal things that he did, in retrospect of his insanity, made me really laugh. I still think the darkest and yet funniest scene is after the boy dies and Walt sends Jesse home, and Jesse overhears Walt whistling without a care in the world. Or when Walt finds out about Skylar's affair and tries to throw a plant at the glass-window, but it's too heavy, and so he drags it. Then Skylar comes out and he says, "We're talking."

There's so many stupidly hilarious moments. (****, and that one stoner's Star Trek fan-fiction?)

The Adventure Starts Here!
Badger's fan fiction scenario is hilarious.

"You've got a screenplay?"
"Yeah, I just gotta write it, is all."

Then he launches into this convoluted plot where Chekov's guts end up teleported outside his body or something. Omigosh, I love Badger. It was so great to see him and Skinny Pete in the finale.

Fly is a great episode. I get that people don't like it, but i thought it was so odd and full of symbolism that i can't help but to love it.
Do people really dislike it? They'r idiots. Unless there's one of those people here lol! Joke. But you ARE wrong.
Jesus! And four lettered words are censored. That's creepy. Love it!