Romance
27.27%
15 votes
Sports
23.64%
13 votes
Other (write-in/specify in thread)
55 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I guess some (all?) people can't tell I'm mostly joking around about this stuff. At the end of the day it's a movie forum list countdown thing. Not a big deal. Sure I'll continue to rally hard against musicals but Singin' in the Rain is one of my favourite films of all time. But let's be honest it's also the worst genre of all-time. It's a fact.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Im sure it’s fun to “joke around” about others preferences and call it the “worst thing ever.”

Seems pretty prevalent,

I guess some (all?) people can't tell I'm mostly joking around about this stuff. At the end of the day it's a movie forum list countdown thing. Not a big deal. Sure I'll continue to rally hard against musicals but Singin' in the Rain is one of my favourite films of all time. But let's be honest it's also the worst genre of all-time. It's a fact.

The trick is not minding
I see your Musicals genre and raise you the Mumblecore genre

The trick is not minding
It's an interesting "offer," the idea that as a consolation prize we just decide here and now to do the other right after. It would certainly be nice to just know exactly what's next and plan accordingly, have time to find a host, rather than spend a solid month picking candidates and then voting.

Honestly, now that you mention it, I'm tempted to suggest that should be the policy going forward, where the runner-up (or the one that loses a tiebreak, if that happens) is just automatically second in line. Really incentivizes people to vote even if they think theirs might not win, too.
I honestly like this idea

The trick is not minding
Two other countdowns I wish we could redo: Women Directors, and Silent films pre 1930’s.
Especially pre 1930’s. We seriously couldn’t come up with a proper 100 films from that decade?

Trouble with a capital "T"
Two other countdowns I wish we could redo: Women Directors, and Silent films pre 1930’s.
Especially pre 1930’s. We seriously couldn’t come up with a proper 100 films from that decade?
I almost posted earlier in this thread that the Pre 1930s needed a Top 100 redo. Well maybe one day.

The trick is not minding
I almost posted earlier in this thread that the Pre 1930s needed a Top 100 redo. Well maybe one day.
Once their times comes, I’d like to revisit it, but it is indeed too soon, yeah.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Way too soon for both of these.

And we need multiple sub-genre lists for horror: creature features, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, satanic, slasher, etc.
Horror Comedy too, one of my favorite horror subgenres alongside with Slashers.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I wish people would give musicals a try. I wasn't keen on westerns, documentaries or noir to be honest, but the process of learning about and celebrating these specific genres made me appreciate them more.

I wish people would give musicals a try. I wasn't keen on westerns, documentaries or noir to be honest, but the process of learning about and celebrating these specific genres made me appreciate them more.
That's because those two are rubbish.

Depending on what qualifies, I honestly might be able to produce a fuller list for Musicals than Noir or Westerns? Not confident, but it might be possible.

The implication being that the people who say they don't like musicals haven't given them a try. I tried listing all of the musicals that I know I've seen and I quit when I hit 50 - and that's not counting movies about musicians, just actual musicals. The number of those that I actually like? 6 - and that number really ought to have an asterisk because two of those I haven't seen in quite a few years and might not like anymore. 3 of the remaining 4 are animated.

Are there more musicals out there that I might enjoy or even love? Sure. But I'm not about to spend months drudging through hour after hour of cringe inducing dreck to find them. There is precisely one musical that I intend to watch this year and it doesn't hit theaters here until October.

The trick is not minding
Way too soon for both of these.
*sigh*

At no point did I suggest we should redo them soon, but rather expressed an interest in re doing eventually after we have exhausted our other options.