What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The truth is in here
Given that I mainly know him from Curb (Plus seeing him in Leaving Las Vegas and Two And A Half Men), I got curious about an older show Richard starred in back in the 80's.

All that inspired me to get this was watching The Bird with the Crystal Plumage. Luckily, all it cost me was 2 credits on SwapADVD:

Appreciate any feedback about any of these if you've seen them. The Hatchet Murders is also known as Deep Red, by the way.

That's it, cept for Lord of the Rings.

I was looking for a thread like this and i didn't see it!!

The Movies Begin was the cherry on the top of my last little spree, i got it because it has the oldest films, my whole aim as a physical media collector at this stage is to get ALL the silent films available. I figure it might take about two years to complete this mission with getting 300 to 500 dollars worth per month.

All that inspired me to get this was watching The Bird with the Crystal Plumage. Luckily, all it cost me was 2 credits on SwapADVD:

Appreciate any feedback about any of these if you've seen them. The Hatchet Murders is also known as Deep Red, by the way.
Interesting collection, i've of course seen Deep Red and never saw it under that name before!! The Basement one was a coveted one for me when i was collecting early 80's slashers, think i saw it on YouTube once. SwapADVD eh? Might check that out, do they have a silent film selection? ... It's ok, doesn't seem doable for Canadians, maybe something similar is out there for us Northerners.

I may have seen all of those, with the exception of Severed Arm. The only two I have any kind of distinct memory of are Silent Night, Bloody Night and Don't Go Into the Basement.

They are my kind of films, kinda crummy production values, wonky pacing, somewhat nonsensical....but I think they are both pretty good and unique in there own way, in particular Silent Night, which I recall really liking at the beginning of the pandemic.

But definitely a bit of buyer beware going on here. For most, they are probably forgotten for a reason.

Oppenheimer - I've been fascinated by this story for a long time, had a family member who worked with "Oppie"'s brother. This movie is the big treatment of the story.

The Last Voyage of the Demeter - A decent prequel to the English part of the Dracula story....good production, good acting, not bad.