Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Make a better place

8mm 1999 (re-watch)

surprisingly it got even better after re-watching

it's a

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Bullets Over Broadway (1994)

I'm not a fan of Woody Allen, so when I saw this movie on the HOF list, I wasn't looking forward to seeing it, but this movie was great. The story was witty, the acting was superb, and I loved the interaction between the characters, especially between David the writer, (played by John Cusack), and the gangster Cheech, (played by Chazz Palminteri).

I wonder if this is one of the few Woody Allen movies that I liked because he wasn't in it?

Birdman of Alcatraz (1962):

I thought Birdman of Alcatraz was an interesting story, but I found the movie kind of boring. Burt Lancaster was excellent, but even his performance didn't save this movie for me. It picked up in the last half hour or so, but overall it just seemed to drag out the story too long.

It's worth seeing if you've never seen it, and you don't know the story of prisoner Robert Stroud, but don't set your expectations too high.

Long Day's Journey Into Night (1962):

Long Day's Journey Into Night is a movie about a day in the life of a family of addicts. This is a long and intense drama that will keep your attention from start to finish. The acting is excellent, and I was very impressed with powerful performances by both Jason Robards and Dean Stockwell, (who I loved in "Quantum Leap").

Finally a sequel in the Halloween franchise that is worth a watch (since 2)...

Halloween H20: 20 Years Later

Everything is back to basis here. Not only is Curtis back, but it seems like they were aiming for a creepier movie with a hint of what the franchise once was. The story about Strode finally facing Myers is a breath of fresh air, since she has always been a screaming helpless little teenage girl. The story and concept wasn't done as great as it could've been, but still this was a fine end to the series, but yes they just HAD to ressurect Myers later on...

Anyways, that's for another review and it's not something I look forward to.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Finally a sequel in the Halloween franchise that is worth a watch...

Halloween H20: 20 Years Later

Everything is back to basis here. Not only is Curtis back, but it seems like they were aiming for a creepier movie with a hint of what the franchise once was. The story about Strode finally facing Myers is a breath of fresh air, since she has always been a screaming helpless little teenage girl. The story and concept wasn't done as great as it could've been, but still this was a fine end to the series, but yes they just HAD to ressurect Myers later on...

Anyways, that's for another review and it's not something I look forward to.

It has way too many jump scares and lacks any of the original's suspense, but isn't all that bad of a sequel. I enjoyed all of the in-references in the film, especially the Psycho one. Mostly I just stick to the first two and call it a day.

It has way too many jump scares and lacks any of the original's suspense, but isn't all that bad of a sequel. I enjoyed all of the in-references in the film, especially the Psycho one. Mostly I just stick to the first two and call it a day.
I agree with what you said.

This is no where near the first two. But in my opinion still the best sequel since 2, and it was a pretty fun watch. References are cool, more suspense than previous sequels (since 2) and it was a pretty good return and end (until 2002 lol).

Satyricon (rewatch)
Richard Simmons, the weight loss guru, can be seen in this movie briefly. When he was fat.

That's him playing the harp thing.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	simmons-satyricon3.jpg
Views:	1986
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	17966   Click image for larger version

Name:	simmons-two-t.jpg
Views:	3541
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	17967  

Not too bad of a movie, fairly entertaining, however there were some major plot holes.

Bullets Over Broadway (1994)

I'm not a fan of Woody Allen, so when I saw this movie on the HOF list, I wasn't looking forward to seeing it, but this movie was great. The story was witty, the acting was superb, and I loved the interaction between the characters, especially between David the writer, (played by John Cusack), and the gangster Cheech, (played by Chazz Palminteri).

I wonder if this is one of the few Woody Allen movies that I liked because he wasn't in it?

I love this movie. It's so hilarious. One of Woody Allen's funniest and best cast films.

Maleficent (2014)

With: Angelina Jolie, Sharlto Copley, Elle Fanning, Sam Riley

This movie sucess in giving a genuine different perspective of the original cartoon film of The Sleeping Beauty. In this one they try (and suceess) to give it a point of view based of the villian's eyes. Which happens to change the entire storyline, as well of a little big detail I could not ignore, they're trying to show that true love doesn't necessarily have to be from male to female and vice versa.

It was kind of enjoyable, refreshing as they changed the storyline and wasn't about superheroes. Those films in which you can connect with the villian are good rare ones, so thumbs up. Still a bit corny and dull tho, so it doesn't go past 7/10

Anyway I see they keep re-making old cartoon~ish stories with actors/actresses, so they as well could do one of the Lion King and The Little Mermaid since each day effects get better and better lol.

Edit: Nevermind about the Lion King, they'd probably destroy it, no matter which director.

Welcome to the human race...
Boyhood -

Seriously considering breaking my "first rating is out of 4" rule over this one.

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Totally forgot to mention this yesterday...

Wolf Children.

Just magical. What a movie. I've watched quite a few animes but this is the first that truly caught my attention and really got to me. What a beautiful story, but most importantly it was so masterfully told. The soundtrack was a huge part of this and a lot of scenes were just stunning visual storytelling together with a captivating soundtrack! The visuals also seemed like a perfect blend of modern and classic anime animation and it was a feast for the eyes!

I recommend this film to anyone.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Mononoke-hime (Princess Mononoke) (1997)

I'm not a big fan of anime. Except for Dragon Ball - that was a fever in my country during my childhood - and Spirited Away, I've never cared much for it.

However, I really liked this one! I can't say why exactly but it made me feel really good while watching it! I wouldn't say that is as good as Spirited Away but it's not far away from it! The atmosphere is similar, the way characters are developed too but it tries to deal with a subject already seen tons of times! Even so, it gives some fresh air to it, and it's never boring nor predictable! This will totally go into my animation list.

8/10

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT...

Thanks to your recommendations, I watched "Room At The Top" and it was very good. What I liked about it was that his defending his working-class was phony. He was really defending himself, and whatever he was. Lots of people vote or act upon the class they ASPIRE to, and basically, the class labels are almost phony; people are opportunistic. He seemed confused about morals and such, and was a self-seeking misfit. The class system is a joke because the moment their stereotypical attitudes fit, they use it as an excuse, for cover, but when someone's daughter gets pregnant, things change, or an older lady who is really herself, who lived the bohemian lifestyle was complained to by the confused protagonist. And it sums up the struggle in life. The struggle is what keeps people going sometimes. When there is frustration, one either thinks the problem is not having enough money. Those with money might think it's love, but even that has become a business, making deals for petty morals (shotgun wedding), and as the friend mentioned not to screw with both women and hurt them both, which they did, and they were both decent people, regardless of their social status. Joe is not as rebellious as he is defensive about everything.

If you can dream it, you can do it.
The last movie I saw is "The lucky one". I don't know if someone saw it, it's not bad but I think it's a bit boring and slow. All things considered i give it a 7 !