Vote on the next countdown (Oct. 2023)

Tools    

What should our next countdown be (Oct 23)?
30.36%
17 votes
Films not on previous lists
23.21%
13 votes
Underseen films
30.36%
17 votes
Musicals
46.43%
26 votes
Noir
28.57%
16 votes
Some decade refresh
10.71%
6 votes
Other (specify below)
56 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Apparently not. Hard to believe no one seems interested in the next countdown. In the past we've talked about it before the current countdown even ended. So I guess if no one cares, I'll decide: The next countdown is Proto Noir

The trick is not minding
Musicals are an option, and of course I wouldn’t mind taking another look at refreshing past decades. Particularly those that are over a decade old. That would be the 90’s and 70’s

Musicals deserves it due
Yup. Even if some of us aren't into that, it's only fair as alot of MoFos have been waiting for that. It's also the only AFI/BFI list on the MoFo list section that the MoFo community hasn't done on their own.

I'm still holding out hope for an animation redux. I'm also still willing to host it.
I support this.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm still holding out hope for an animation redux. I'm also still willing to host it.
That one is honestly very outdated and will definitely need a rehash

I will vote for a decade list and it seems 90s Redux is due. It's been over 10 years and we have lots of new users. The last three (war and noir/neo noir) have been genres.

@Yoda make a new poll with only 90s Redux as an option. Democracy! Thanks!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

School comedies
History and/or Biography
Family
Musical and Music
Sport
Post-Cold War European Films (basically films from Europe after 1990)
1980-1999 Action
Family
Romance

These are some other ideas from earlier in the thread. I kinda like "Post-Cold War European Films (basically films from Europe after 1990)"

I don't like these two ideas at all:

Films not on previous lists
Underseen films

But would still participate and maybe complain a lot I don't know yet.

I am pro either 90’s redux or Musicals this round. I also think the animation redo should start being on the table and am still holding out hope that sports flicks will start being talked about at some point.

Just not Comic Book Movies.

It's like shooting a can of worms into a hornet's nest.

Would be kinda fun though, now that the MCU finished its run back in 2019.

I know to a lot of people 99% of the countdown fun is the two months of daily reveals for the actual countdown. But some of like to use the pre-countdown period to explore new genres or film movements or to deepen our appreciation of a film genre. Once we start redoing old countdown ideas the countdowns will seem less special than they had been.

With that said if we start redoing decade countdowns it should start with the first one we ever did 1970s. Then we could still continue with never done ideas, genre/underseen movies/etc to help keep the countdowns fresh and innovative.