Breaking Bad

Tools    

If it's real, that's really quite the praise. Sir Anthony Hopkins is epic, and I love to hear actors/actresses praising each other's work. Of course, Cranston and co. fully deserve it.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

The Adventure Starts Here!
Snopes doesn't have a story either way. And it's Huffington Post, not, like Joe's Little Web Site, so I'm leaning toward authenticity.

What I can't stop picturing now, though, is Sir Anthony Hopkins binge-watching Breaking Bad episodes on, like, Netflix, eating Cheetos and drinking beer in his pajama pants....

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Wow just finished the whole lot. Prob took me 3 weeks to watch it all.

Feel like I'm late to the party but what a show.

Now I can get my life/sleep back.

This is it just the best series I've ever seen. I love how absolutely
nothing is left randomly, all that you watch is credible and smart, the
actors play nearly perfectly and the plot is catchy as hell, you just
can't watch just one a row. The duet between Bryan Cranston and Aaron
Paul is breathless, speechless. Long story short, a must seen !

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Always felt a little frustrated especially in later seasons that Jesse was kept alive when there seemed like loads of times that the logical thing t happen would be someone getting rid of the liability that he was. I mean Walt turns into a monster but still has this loyalty to Jesse who has been nothing but a liability the whole run.

Funniest moment was pepper spray, not when Walt gets sprayed but later when Flynn tells Skylar that Walt looked like he had been crying. I literally pissed myself laughing.

The end of series 4 was terrific,"I won".

Saddest moment for me was the death of Mike. Really felt like he didn't deserve that. Also when Walt asks to see Holly one last time a the end, nearly had me tearing up.

The genius of the show was that by the end Walt really has gone "Bad" and you no longer really like Walt anymore like you generally would an antihero.

The ending was a little too neat. Everything slotted neatly into place for Walt and in the end there was really no consequence for him after all he had done. The Shield is a really good ending, Vic Mackey loses everything.

Must be doin sumthin right
Agree in theory that the ending was too perfect but man I loooooved how much of a crowd pleaser that last episode was. Totally in line with a show that first and foremost was all about being hyper entertaining and never tried to moralize or bother to worry about staying too tethered to reality. Like you said, Jesse/Walt would've gotten killed in real life so many times but why would the show have killed off Jesse when it had such a good thing going?

Along the same lines - Whether it was Vince Gilligan's intention or not, I personally never stopped liking or rooting for Walter White. Hard to turn against a protagonist you've invested that many years of being so compelled by and who remained interesting and surprising for the entirety of the show's run. And for a show with so many good actors Cranston/Walt was easily the standout there, too. Never got dull during a scene he was in

The Adventure Starts Here!
If by "rooting for him," you mean you never stopped hoping he'd come to his senses, then I think I was rooting for him too. I knew the story arc would have had to take a few crazy leaps to get Walt back to where he started, but what I learned through the show was that Walt had that sort of bad juju in him all along.

And perhaps that was the main point: that anyone, given the right/wrong circumstances, is capable of just about anything. I think the original Walt reminded us too much of real people we either know or are, and to see where he ended up was a bit sobering.

But either way, the show was always fun to watch, never really had a completely "down" season like so many other, otherwise good shows. Rewatching episodes back to back gave me a new appreciation of just how consistent this show was over the years.

And I agree: Any scene with Cranston in it was worth watching.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Good point about anyone being capable of this. With so many incidences of "normal" folks snapping and doing horrendous things these days, it's like we all could be one snap away from being in his position, so we empathize.

When Dianne Sawyer asked Charles Manson if he's crazy, he said, "You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
In case someone needed subtitles for this:

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth
vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji
geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

[/quote]

The genius of the show was that by the end Walt really has gone "Bad" and you no longer really like Walt anymore like you generally would an antihero.

The ending was a little too neat. Everything slotted neatly into place for Walt and in the end there was really no consequence for him after all he had done.
If by "rooting for him," you mean you never stopped hoping he'd come to his senses, then I think I was rooting for him too. I knew the story arc would have had to take a few crazy leaps to get Walt back to where he started, but what I learned through the show was that Walt had that sort of bad juju in him all along.
Am I the only one who was still supporting Walt and hoping he got away with everything?