Eragon

Tools    

Originally Posted by TheLanyard
There's a sweet one on its official site

There's also a Japanese trailer with footage of the baby Saphira

http://movies.foxjapan.com/eragon/

I really hop this movie will be good

No further opinion on this one?

I for one am very excited about this movie! I have seen multiple trailers now and all of them look very promising...like Harry Potter meets Lord of the Rings in the best possible way...I hope it doesn't disappoint!

Some times I wish I lived in LA.

WORLD’S FIRST EVER FIRE-BREATHING BILLBOARD”

Somewhat of a spectacle. And I still can't get over how English this main is. Pretty cool though whatever.

I'm actually going to a Promo screening of this film tonight. I'm looking forward to it!

Last seen movie at home: Caffeine
The Last Movie in theatres: 300

Ok.. so, I just got back from seeing it and.. well.. All I'm going to say is.. I smell a sequel!

I had to look it up to see if there's actually a sequel in the works and by-golly, there's a book called Eldest that's the sequel to the Eragon book, which is a trilogy.

Had I been up to date on my teen-novel knowledge, I would have gone with this in mind and not wondered why so many strings were left untied. Not quite LOTR but it has its moments.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Bear in mind that the book was written by a 17-yr-old homeschooler who shopped the self-published book out of the back of the family car for a while till a traditional publisher picked it up.

I'd say, despite its shortcomings, bravo for the 17-yr-old. I don't know many 17-yr-olds who could have pulled off a complete novel, let alone dragged it into such success.

Yes, ELDEST has been out for what? nearly a year or so? Not sure when the third book is due out. The "kid" (Christopher Paolini) is slightly older now and is, I hope, not jaded by success.)

Originally Posted by B-card
he has just became a second J.K. Rowling
I haven't read his books, but I doubt that.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oh, I dunno there, Steve. By the time he's her age, he could easily be quite the hot seller. Again, for his young age, he shows a LOT of promise and certainly a lot of determination and "sticktuitiveness."

In publishing it's as much about never giving up as it is about actually writing.

Originally Posted by Austruck
Oh, I dunno there, Steve. By the time he's her age, he could easily be quite the hot seller. Again, for his young age, he shows a LOT of promise and certainly a lot of determination and "sticktuitiveness."

In publishing it's as much about never giving up as it is about actually writing.
Touché!