Breaking Bad

Tools    

Oh right, right...but wait, didn't he say that he didn't give it to his Mom, and instead bought drugs with it?
yep yep my mistake.I remembered that because I rewatched the series before 5B season.Still couldn't remember all the details.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Finally, a REAL ending! We knew what had to happen, Gilligan knew we knew, and gave a us a proper finale tied up in a nice tight package. Not that everything has to end that way, but this show absolutely did! Well done.

I'm still not giving up on Marie and Saul as a couple though...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Amazing finale to what is an amazing show.

Finished here. It's been fun.
The feeling I had after watching the finale can't be put into words. I couldn't sleep that night due to how great it was. Satisfying,dark,beautiful,epic. Bravo Vince

Come on Gabrielle, don't share that! Reading it makes me want to punch a wall.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

It's incredible that I actually didn't like this show at all during its first season and struggled to make it to mid-season 2 before getting hooked.

I think one thing that hasn't been mentioned throughout this thread is the way in which Breaking Bad stands out from other drama series. It works towards a certain point and does so over the course of its life span. Ever since season 1, even though it might not've been intended back then, Gilligan has made Walt turn into something worse and worse, going off the rails and heavily foreshadowing that his life won't end in a pretty way. All throughout, there is little or no reset and the start of each season.

You think about it, even the most revered series like Deadwood, The Wire, Sopranos, Oz, Luther, Mad Men, etc, hit the reset button at the end of each season after building dramatic crescendo for the final episode(s). There is usually no clear-cut next point they will work towards. That's not a knock on them, because lots of those series had uncertain futures and it's totally understandable that the creators wanna have nicely wrapped-up seasons so as not to leave viewers totally hanging (i.e. like Carnivale did).

In that sense, Breaking Bad is - to my knowledge - unique. Great show, b!tch.

I don't really agree with that. Walt ended up dying and his family hates him, one of his family members is in the grave. He is to forever be remembered as a monstrous drug lord,and he dies knowing very well all the horrible atrocities and deaths he caused. I think the ending is perfect as It could have been to be perfectly honest. Simultaneously happy(Jesse surviving,death of all the antagonists,family hopefully getting the money) but sad as well as Walt dies a monster in the eyes of the world. Just my 2 cents.

Those Breaking Bad comics are amazing. Love em'.

Those Breaking Bad comics are amazing. Love em'.
Yep. Whoever came up with is awesome.

My TV listings lists Breaking Bad as a "comedy-drama". Is that even appropriate? Sure, there are funny parts, but geez...

The Adventure Starts Here!
Actually, a lot of the show was hilarious. Call it black comedy, but there were plenty of laughs over the years. Sure, the last season was a lot darker, but even that had its moments. Sometimes just their choice of background music made things funny -- like Walt rolling that barrel of money through the desert till he finds the guy with the truck. I forget the name of the song, but it was meant to be strangely humorous.

Plus, how can you forget Saul and his punchlines? And Jesse and his idiotic comments (especially early on)? Cow house? Really?

The movie "Fargo" has a similar feel to it: dark, black comedy. Almost morbid. The Sopranos did the same thing. Tony was constantly taking phrases from Dr. Melfi and restating them later but getting them wrong. And Paulie was a constant source of laughs.

ANYWAY ... I don't mind the comedy-drama designation, though I'm not sure I'd weigh those elements as 50/50.