Breaking Bad

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
I'm not really sure a spin-off is needed tbh. I think it's unnecessary.

I think it'll be awesome if they truly have a story to tell, like they did with Breaking Bad. Hopefully Aaron Paul will be brought in after he's done with that donkey crap Need For speed flick.

I think it's pretty clear this isn't a spin-off in any meaningful sense. I think it has the potential to be a good, amusing, entertaining show...but only if the people watching it go into it with the understanding that it isn't going to be anything like Breaking Bad.

Do I even need to...

Yeah...
That was um... on purpose... obviously...

The last 2 are pretty interesting. I think the only thing keeping Skylar going now are her children. The last one fits with the whole Krazy 8 situation, but it would mean losing Jesse, which sucks. I know that they were considering killing him off very early, really glad they didn't.

I was wondering if Walt Jr. was going to get hurt in some way, which would be a fitting punishment for Heisenberg. But I'm happy with the ending they went with. Walter White came back...
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Watching second episode of season one. Amazing how amateurish Walt & Jessie were when they started to where they ended up. Havent got to the scene yet where theyre barely able to pick up the barrel, not realizing they should just roll it. This is when Jessie's high on crystal dragging a dead body from the RV to his house in broad daylight. I think it was these solo scenes Aaron Paul did that made Gilligan and the writers want to keep him.

SPOILER ALERT 3rd episode season 1

Whoever played Krazy 8 did a fantastic job (IMDb'd his names Max Arciniega). Got to the scene where Walts gonna free Krazy 8, and realizes the missing piece of the plate. Absolute panic on Walts part as he knows he'll have to now kill Krazy. He's saying "Why are you doing this?! Why are you doing this?!" out loud about Krazy or to himself, I dont know. When hes about to put the key to the lock, and sees Krazy reaching in his pants for the piece of plate, a tear runs down Walts face.

Bryan Cranston deserved his emmy. Im enjoying it as much the second time thru as I did the first.

You think about it, even the most revered series like Deadwood, The Wire, Sopranos, Oz, Luther, Mad Men, etc, hit the reset button at the end of each season after building dramatic crescendo for the final episode(s). There is usually no clear-cut next point they will work towards. That's not a knock on them, because lots of those series had uncertain futures and it's totally understandable that the creators wanna have nicely wrapped-up seasons so as not to leave viewers totally hanging (i.e. like Carnivale did).

In that sense, Breaking Bad is - to my knowledge - unique. Great show, b!tch.
If you restrict yourself to English speaking series you still have Babylon 5, it's first four seasons were a continuous buildup up to an ending.* It's nice that Breaking Bad cites Babylon 5 at episode 13 of the last season.

Also, anime series have been doing continuous storytelling since the 1970's. LOGH, for instance, had 110 episodes done between 1988 and 1997 spanning 7 novels and never hitting "reset". Anyway, many examples of continuous storytelling in series jump to my head right now.

Of course, if you restrict yourself to English speaking TV series done since the year 2000, for instance, well, Battlestar Galactica also had a continuous story without resetting in each season. Thought the quality of the writing declined greatly as the show went on the whole plot build up to the ending.

Overall, it's not very hard to find TV series that work like novels. Most great ones are like that and Breaking Bad is not exception.

*Though season 5 was filler (that's because the producers didn't know if the show would have lasted 4 or 5 seasons and the writer decided to not let his story go to waste and he ended the main plot in season 4 but the show continued for season 5 and the writer had only marginal subplots to work there.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Sounds interesting. I've never been into detective shows, but I'll give it a try when it premieres.
My exact thoughts. It could potentially be good.

At the second to last episode of season 1, and the guy that played Tuco did a solid job. Tuco couldve been an interesting even longer term character than what he was. Just when he got high people would immediately die.