War in the Middle East

Tools    

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
I would like to point out that it appears to be that all the anti-Israel side can do is attack Israel, and they haven't been able to defend the actions of terrorist groups devoted to the destruction of Israel. I also don't see them coming to the defense of certain governments that deny the Holocaust ever happened. In fact, I see words that seem to suggest that those here in "vehement" opposition to Israel and it's actions wouldn't mind such a thing if it were to happen again.
you're generalizing and being ( grosely ) presumptuous...again...you better think twice before you utter such nonsense....
i also don't see those who support Israel adress the numerous civil victims in this war...do they deserve to die because their government supposedly failed to erradicate Hezbolah?
plus, i think i've said on many occasions that i too would strap a bomb to myself if a foreign nation occupied my country and kept my people in what is essentially a giant concentration camp, whilst the international community turns a blind eye to all the violations of international law simply becuase a powerful nation is backing the occupiers...

Originally Posted by 7thson
If the truth about what I have experienced is really at question here then you are right I have nothing to say to you. Dont sling mud if you do not expect to get some thrown back.

Edited: BTW I admit I might be a bit dramatic at times, but it I do not lie about the things I have seen.
Here
I'm expected to believe that someone only tenuously literate is not only an adult, but well into his 30s?

Sorry kid, lies won't cut it with me.

Originally Posted by Purandara88
I'm expected to believe that someone only tenuously literate is not only an adult, but well into his 30s?

Sorry kid, lies won't cut it with me.

Sorry if I do not stand up to your expectations of how a (now) 40 year old should articulate themselves. Remember I am an American- Moron though, so what did you expect? Barking up the wrong tree you are; an extended vocabulary does not equal common sense. Your are the last person whom I think I should have to prove myself to, so unless someone else here on the board thinks I am full of it then I will just move on now.

I am having a nervous breakdance
What's up with all the anti-semitism? I'm not a fan of everything Israel do, as anyone who's read my posts knows, but I think the attacks on jews in general are creepy.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Pun' is all show and no go, maybe he should spend some time in a war-zone and live among the civilians there who have been traumatized and then spout off his hate. I do not care which side someone may be on, the effects of war is an eye-opening experience when you see it and live it first hand.

Pun' also is against anything that America stands for, so by relation he must be against Israel regardless of his inner beliefs.
Shame on you 7thson.I used to have so much respect for you. This post reeks of ignorance.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
What's up with all the anti-semitism? I'm not a fan of everything Israel do, as anyone who's read my posts knows, but I think the attacks on jews in general are creepy.
i've referred to the other side as "the israelis" the whole time. so dont point fingers at me.

Originally Posted by Purandara88
Why is anyone obliged to defend Hezbollah to condemn Israel's actions?
I'll do both. defend hezbollah AND condem israel.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
Shame on you 7thson.I used to have so much respect for you. This post reeks of ignorance.
I speak what I think and always am open minded. If you cannot respect that sorry. This post gos way farther than what has been said in this thread, and also P.M.s .......whatever never mind.

Edit: I take it back, I am not sorry. Explain why I am ignorant first?

I speak what I think and always am open minded. If you cannot respect that sorry. This post gos way farther than what has been said in this thread, and also P.M.s .......whatever never mind.

Edit: I take it back, I am not sorry. Explain why I am ignorant first?
Mainly because of this statement: "Pun' also is against anything that America stands for, so by relation he must be against Israel regardless of his inner beliefs."

Just because he disgarees with america's polocies, it does not pre dispose him to being anti israeli.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
I live in Western New York State. I have lived here my entire life. Two hundred years ago, this land was a part the Iroquois government. Since then, for various reasons, the Iroquoi have left here. My ancestors left Ireland and Italy, and settled right here in Rochester.

Imagine for a second that some Madman gathers as many Iroquois as he can. he tortures and kills them because they are fit to be his scapegoats. And he had issues with his Iroquois mom. Now imagine Foreign Powers go to war with Madman and beat him, only to find out the extent to which he has been killing Iroquois. So, they decide they are going to give Western New York, including Rochester, back to the Iroquois.

Now I am here in Rochester. I have lived here my whole life. My parents and grandparents lived here. I am now told I can't live here anymore. That is unacceptable. This is my home. You cannot come into my home. I will not allow it. I will fight with every weapon at my disposal to defend my home. I would die doing this.

This is what happened to Palestinians in 1947.

Incidentally, this is is what is happening to Isreal right now.

Are Israel's actions disproportionate? If you say yes, you are underestimating what is happening. It looks as though Israel took a page out of GWB's play book and are going all "shock and awe" on everyone. Lebanese civilians are dying every day as a result of Israel's attacks. And the excuses of "We warned them" and "Hezbollah is using civilians as shields" are sounding lamer and lamer.

Are Hamas and Hezbollah terrorists? Well, one person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter. But for arguement's sake let's say yes. Does Israel's attacks and presence make it ok to blow up night clubs and apartments where innocent civilians are? NO!

We need to take off our bias caps for a second and realize everyone is acting like an idiot. The world needs to sit down the Middle East players at a negotiating table and not leave until it's better. And I do not mean one of Condi's politically motivated bull**** diplomatic meetings. We need honest and sincere diplomacy. And we need it fast. If we don't get it, I think 7thson's view of WW3 might seem to be a little too close for comfort. Quite frankly, I think it already is.

Mainly because of this statement: "Pun' also is against anything that America stands for, so by relation he must be against Israel regardless of his inner beliefs."

Just because he disgarees with america's polocies, it does not pre dispose him to being anti israeli.
You know what? You are right. I spoke in the heat of the moment and I do appologize seriously. But I ask, is he anti-Israeli? Also, show me one thread where he has said anything positive about America, anytime at all, if he has I missed it.

BTW, nice post Gohan, cant say I agree with everything you always say, but gj here.

Originally Posted by gohansrage
I live in Western New York State. I have lived here my entire life. Two hundred years ago, this land was a part the Iroquois government. Since then, for various reasons, the Iroquoi have left here. My ancestors left Ireland and Italy, and settled right here in Rochester.

Imagine for a second that some Madman gathers as many Iroquois as he can. he tortures and kills them because they are fit to be his scapegoats. And he had issues with his Iroquois mom. Now imagine Foreign Powers go to war with Madman and beat him, only to find out the extent to which he has been killing Iroquois. So, they decide they are going to give Western New York, including Rochester, back to the Iroquois.

Now I am here in Rochester. I have lived here my whole life. My parents and grandparents lived here. I am now told I can't live here anymore. That is unacceptable. This is my home. You cannot come into my home. I will not allow it. I will fight with every weapon at my disposal to defend my home. I would die doing this.

This is what happened to Palestinians in 1947.

Incidentally, this is is what is happening to Isreal right now.

Are Israel's actions disproportionate? If you say yes, you are underestimating what is happening. It looks as though Israel took a page out of GWB's play book and are going all "shock and awe" on everyone. Lebanese civilians are dying every day as a result of Israel's attacks. And the excuses of "We warned them" and "Hezbollah is using civilians as shields" are sounding lamer and lamer.

Are Hamas and Hezbollah terrorists? Well, one person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter. But for arguement's sake let's say yes. Does Israel's attacks and presence make it ok to blow up night clubs and apartments where innocent civilians are? NO!

We need to take off our bias caps for a second and realize everyone is acting like an idiot. The world needs to sit down the Middle East players at a negotiating table and not leave until it's better. And I do not mean one of Condi's politically motivated bull**** diplomatic meetings. We need honest and sincere diplomacy. And we need it fast. If we don't get it, I think 7thson's view of WW3 might seem to be a little too close for comfort. Quite frankly, I think it already is.
You're my new hero.

I have tried over the last few days to come up with a personal position on the current Middle East conflict but I cannot. It just is not a simple as thinking that Hezbollah are terrorists or that Israel has been a victim or that the Israeli is acting like terrorists and that Hezbollah are the victims. What I do know is that there are a lot of victims on both sides and that history has not been very kind to either one of them nor their neighbors. I also think the hatred that has spawned due to this conflict is spreading like wildfire and I do not want to be part of that. So for now I will refrain from speaking on matters that I am not qualified for, but my heart goes out to everyone in that area of the world, I hope things will end for the best and soon. EQ: I certainly cannot say I agree with much you say but your passion is understood and respected. Sorry that I brought bickering with another member into this thread it was not the place to do so. My apology is to you not the aforementioned person though, I still believe what I said, but this was not the place to bring it up. I will try and count to ten next time first.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/vi...060806,00.html

If you've ever wanted to know exactly what i think..100% listen to this guy to the end. whatever you think of this guy is what you think of me.

Also, Yoda still hasn't responded to my post about the religious misquoting of all of the sites he referenced so I am going to just pat myself on the back and assume its his way of saying "you've got me".

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/vi...060806,00.html

If you've ever wanted to know exactly what i think..100% listen to this guy to the end. whatever you think of this guy is what you think of me.

Also, Yoda still hasn't responded to my post about the religious misquoting of all of the sites he referenced so I am going to just pat myself on the back and assume its his way of saying "you've got me".
haha...awesome man, very eloquent...i disagree about one thing though, the violence will not stop even if ( in a hypothetical but totally unrealistic situation ) Palestine became a state with East Jerusalem as it's capital. i think the hatered runs so deep at this point that all of the sorrounding arab nations now think the only way they will be satisfied is the anihilation of Israel...which of course, isn't going to happen any time soon...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by allthatglitters
I would like to point out that it appears to be that all the anti-Israel side can do is attack Israel, and they haven't been able to defend the actions of terrorist groups devoted to the destruction of Israel. I also don't see them coming to the defense of certain governments that deny the Holocaust ever happened. In fact, I see words that seem to suggest that those here in "vehement" opposition to Israel and it's actions wouldn't mind such a thing if it were to happen again.
No one needs to defend terrorists in order to make the valid point that Israel's attacks on residential and public areas in Lebanon are atrocious.

No one needs to attack the loonies who are suggesting that the Holocaust never happened, as they are clearly loonies and their beliefs neither validate nor disprove the idea that violence against civilians is wrong, no matter who does it.

What you have posted here is an attempt to lump people into one camp or another, and that's not fair at all, nor is it logical.

Actually, it's my way of saying "I still haven't finished moving into my new place and had a double-taping this morning."

If I think someone's "got me," I'll tell them they've made a good point. I won't do it with silence. Also, there's nothing to "get," as I don't think I ever claimed you were wrong about the Koran. I simply asked for elaboration, rather than the vague contradictions you were giving us.