Killer hides murder knife in base of sculpture he's making of his wife

Tools    

I'm looking for a movie I think was on utube. It could have been a made for tv movie. I don't remember any famous actors in it.

The movie starts with a handsome killer, who possibly is a rapist getting out of prison or jail on a technically. He's a clay sculpture artist. A female who owns or runs an art gallery thinks he was wrongfully convicted and contually defends him through the whole movie.

He romances the art gallery owner or curator who contually thinks he's innocent and she has a showing of his work. I think he shows up late for the show, and she wants to introduce him to someone who wants to buy a sculpture for $30,000. He keeps killing but doesn't get caught.

I think he kills a man who he thinks has an interest in the art gallery owner. The police suspect him but can't prove it, and she innocently may even give him an alibi.

He marries the art gallery owner, and the movie ends with him making a sculpture of his wife and hiding the murder knife in the base of the sculpture he's making of his new wife. The final shot in the movie is him looking in the camera with a sinister smile.

It's possible it's a lifetime type movie, but I'm not sure. It could have possibly been on tubi.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

How old is the movie?
What era does it take place in?
What do the actors/actresses look like?
Is there a sense of place; London, Paris, New York?
What language is it in?
My guess is that it is either a movie from the late forties-early fifties or the late eighties- to early nineties? It just sounds like the kind of story you would find in those two eras.

I think it's probably late 1980's to 2000's. The Era is probably the same. The main actor-The killer is really good looking with shoulder length hair (reminds me of Jeff Ysgher from the Seinfeld episode the rye but it's not him).

The female actress who played the art gallery owner was also very attractive I think had long blond hair.

It's definitely in a US city but I don't recall any famous landmarks. I don't know if it was real or fictional.

I remember there were 2 detectives that greeted him when he came out of prison to let him know they would be watching him.

I don't think they showed him killing anyone except possibly the male rival of the woman.

I just clearly remembered him making the sculpture as she was posing for him and he put the knife in the base, then covering it in clay. The sinister smile and the movie ends

I appreciate your reply, thank you

Maybe "Paint it Black"(1989) ? It sounds similar.

"A serial killer covers his victims in modeling clay, and a local sculptor is accused of the crimes."

paint it bad
corvus-35 October 1998
Pretty standard fare about a metal sculpturer who gets dragged into the murder of his unscrupulous, female art dealer. The psycho, nerdy killer gives the film its only watchable moments--suffocating the art dealer with a rubber shroud, and using channel locks on Gregory like a clip-on earring from Hell. The photography, script, acting, and lighting is strictly TV Movie of the Week send-up, giving the dark emotions, dysfunctional characters, and seedy situations a Beaver Cleaver patina. Our artist hero is a big, burly, and not too bright Fabio-type, so fortunately the writers bless him with favorable plot twists (girl hits his car, girl turns into lover, girl just happens to be daughter to biggest gallery owner in Santa Barbara). The killer's psychosis is explained in one scene with his overbearing mother and something about moving brain plates, covering both the psychological and physiological in one, quick swoop. His wanna-be-an-artist-wah! motivations are even more obscure--something about hoarding art so the rich, tasteless dummies won't despoil its purity. Looking out of this film, he doesn't have to worry about anything remotely resembling Art.
Trailer:

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. It's not the same movie I watched but this one looks interesting so I will check it out. Thanks again

Maybe A Bucket of Blood (1995) ? Do you remember something else?
Walter Paisley, a busboy at a cappuccino bar called the Jabberjaw, is praised as a genius after he kills his landlady's cat and covers it in plaster. Pressured to produce more work, he goes after bigger subjects.

Seeds of Doubt (1998) has a similar plot too.
Jennifer Kingsley, a newspaper journalist, believes a man has been falsely convicted of murder, and becomes set on proving his innocence.

I think it's probably late 1980's to 2000's. The Era is probably the same. The main actor-The killer is really good looking with shoulder length hair (reminds me of Jeff Ysgher from the Seinfeld episode the rye but it's not him).

The female actress who played the art gallery owner was also very attractive I think had long blond hair.
I am almost sure that it is "Seeds of Doubt", because Joe Lando is very similar to Jeff Ysgher from the Seinfield episode - The Rye.

I found the movie its called seeds of doubt. She was actually a reporter. Its on utube. It's a crime movie that keeps you guessing

Thanks again I thought it was an awesome movie. I love movies that have similar types of plots