What Did You Dream Last Night?

Tools    

All I can remember of my dream is that it had something to do with rats. The only thing specific I can remember is that in the dream one particular rat (Dawg, one of my pets) had escaped his cage and was attempting to crawl up my arm.

It wasn't a nightmare, per se, but if Dawg ever were really trying to climb up my arm, I'd be pretty freaked out. He's evil.
Perhaps feelings of evilness were coming up upon you. Have you been mad at something? Do you have rage that needs to come out? Or has it?

The object is the size of a book, but sometimes as small as a marble. There's no actual description I can give of the object, just it's size (which changes from dream to dream).
I end up having to lift it to a level above my head too. Sometimes a wall, sometimes a shelf.
I never get to that point though, I always wake up before I get the object even near the shelf/wall.

The voice is definitely male but it's not me, I've had this dream since I was a kid and it's always been an adult male voice.

Weird thing is, the feeling of fear is sometimes sparked while I'm awake through the weirdest of things. Once I was reading a book (yes books again but...) and I was flicking the corner of the page with my thumb while I was reading, when I looked down at the tiny bit of the corner I was flicking, and I got this fearful feeling again. Another time was when I was retipping a snooker cue, fiddling around with the cuetip brought it on.

Weird huh?

That's wierd, my dream last night was about being at an old factory workplace, yet the people there were from a different old workplace.
I was hiding in the machinery because I shouldn't have been there and was going to get shot if I was caught.
I went outside to hide and saw funny lights in the sky that looked like shooting stars but they were acting like they were controlled by something. Turns out they were UFOs.
Then I woke up.
Shooting stars are supposed to be good luck, but by becoming UFOs, your good luck has turned into something scary, threatening, alien and perhaps evil.

Your dreams seem to show that you're very frightened by change, by luck, by chaos, etc. Hiding in the machinery -- going to get shot if you're caught -- are you very close to your mother? Are you more feminine than masculine? It seems like you are still stuck in a scared, defenseless, girly world -- hiding in the machinery is like being still stuck in your mother's womb. You fear getting shot because you know that if you do not move, a man will eventually hurt you. The gunshot, symbolically, comes from a man -- a penis. You must get out of the machinery. Dreaming about old factories, and people from old old factories -- you are very far behind.

The object is the size of a book, but sometimes as small as a marble. There's no actual description I can give of the object, just it's size (which changes from dream to dream).
I end up having to lift it to a level above my head too. Sometimes a wall, sometimes a shelf.
I never get to that point though, I always wake up before I get the object even near the shelf/wall.

The voice is definitely male but it's not me, I've had this dream since I was a kid and it's always been an adult male voice.

Weird thing is, the feeling of fear is sometimes sparked while I'm awake through the weirdest of things. Once I was reading a book (yes books again but...) and I was flicking the corner of the page with my thumb while I was reading, when I looked down at the tiny bit of the corner I was flicking, and I got this fearful feeling again. Another time was when I was retipping a snooker cue, fiddling around with the cuetip brought it on.

Weird huh?
You have issues with your father, I think. Or, if you didn't have a father, then any father figure you had growing up. Did your father yell at you a lot? If not, consider the possibility that it was your mother.

I'm very Freudian. A snooker cue is penis shaped. I don't give a crap about the whole, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" babbling that people love to do now -- 9 times out of 10, a cigar is a penis.

The changing size of the marble could mean that you need to grow some balls -- bigger balls. When you do, you'll be strong enough to put that book on the shelf and be done with it.

You must feel completely small and weak -- you become afraid over a tiny corner of a page in a book. It's all a deeply buried issue, though, and one that can be resolved. Perhaps you should hang out with bouncingbrick, who is currently deeply entrenched in masculine powers.

Yeah, if this thread is going to become SC analyzing all the dreams then I'm checking out.

It's fun (even if everything becomes a phallic symbol), but 9 times out of 10 I already know what my dreams mean and how the relate to me. Plus, most of the time, the don't have a deep meaning. They have a very literal definition.

For example, the dream about the bar-b-que. The people there were almost all people that I don't have much contact with in person. They are, however, all facebook friends of mine. I long to see them in that capacity but circumstances out of my control prevent it. Nothing about penis' there. Pretty self explanatory.

I'd rather you just post your own dreams, celeb, and let mine stand as the irrational trifle that they are!

I've PM-ed SC with an explanation on why the above analysis was wrong.

Agreed though BB. Think this thread should left as it is too: Reporting weird mental habits while sleeping.

I've PM-ed SC with an explanation on why the above analysis was wrong.
And after reading it, I must say I found that I wasn't very off.

Rodent is going to disagree with me because he must. It is a part of his psyche.

For example, the dream about the bar-b-que. The people there were almost all people that I don't have much contact with in person. They are, however, all facebook friends of mine. I long to see them in that capacity but circumstances out of my control prevent it. Nothing about penis' there. Pretty self explanatory.
If you long to see them, why did you leave the party and go hang out with women and get drunk?

Originally Posted by bouncingbrick
I'd rather you just post your own dreams, celeb, and let mine stand as the irrational trifle that they are!
Alright, Nelson.

If you long to see them, why did you leave the party and go hang out with women and get drunk?
I thought I put it in the dream description. I had something that I needed to do. I don't even know what it was; work, pick something up for my sister, I don't know. But some prior engagement was making me leave.

In real life I just can't afford to travel to Boston, Portland, Hawaii, Arkansas, Japan, etc. otherwise I'd go see them!

I thought I put it in the dream description. I had something that I needed to do. I don't even know what it was; work, pick something up for my sister, I don't know. But some prior engagement was making me leave.

In real life I just can't afford to travel to Boston, Portland, Hawaii, Arkansas, Japan, etc. otherwise I'd go see them!
Make your spicy Chinese chicken.

Make your spicy Chinese chicken.
Only if you...eat it.

OK, really busy night last night, and some of you guys were in it! Sort of.

Dream 1: I was in a cafe type environment reading these forums. I was reading the celebrity crushes thread, which is a thread I've only visited once or twice since posting here, and someone said they had a crush on a reality TV star from the show Welcome to Sweetie Pies on Oprah's TV network. I found this hilarious because my wife's boss is on that show and she was the celebrity in question.

Dream 2: Another party. This time it was one for children. I didn't really know anyone except for my children who were running around and getting filthy dirty.

Dream 3: A recurring theme, I was working for a courier company that I used to work for and I had to deliver about 50 packages of computer paper to a hospital. Of course, they were all individually packed in my car so I had to make trip after trip into the hospital with these things and all the while people are saying "Hey, what's up? I thought you quit working here!"

Dream 4: Another one I've had a few times lately. IRL, my wife and I have been watching the TV show Supernatural and a thing they do in that show is fight demons. I was dreaming that I has fighting demons. This dream didn't last long because it was going on around the time my 1-year-old decided to sit up in bed and start yelling, but I managed to kill at least one evil creature.

Like I said, busy night.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
Not really sure. It was amazing to sleep after three nights in a row of no sleep. Made sure not to pour coffee on my customers.

Dreamt about a pool match last night. The ball dropped into the pocket and had to be replaced by the referee and nobody had the right money for the table.
It cost me the world championship. Weird.

I dreamt that I rescued a bunch of animals: tortoises, hamsters and, strangely, a mountain lion. WTF. Obviously I wouldn't ever actually take in a mountain lion, but I've no interest in rescuing tortoises or hamsters either.

I had liek 3 dreams in one the other night, but ive pretty much forgotten all of them, when i was so adament I was going to remember them aswell. I met my ideal man in one of the three dreams though. He was Dishy! shame he doesnt actually exist. (shhh dont tell the other half)

I dreamt that I was hanging out with Jason Segal and Jonah Hill talking about movies and eating chips and salsa. They weren't as into it as I was.

I have a dream about eating more Kangaroo's fillet steaks lol!