New Indiana Jones box set

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Do you have a link to the new one? I figured the best one was the one which will come out just before Christmas, but I like the current one plenty.

i'd wait until the release of the new one on blu ray. i'm sure they'll make a box set of that.

I just got the old one not that far back - so it's not worth it to get the new one. But if it dosen't cost much more - i would go for the new one , lot more special features.

I have the original DVD boxed set, though I am getting them on Blu once all are released.

Here is the differences between the two sets:

Bonus Features:
  • Indiana Jones: Making the Trilogy (127-minutes) - This documentary covers all three films and can either be watched as a whole or in individual segments dedicated to each part of the trilogy. It contains lots of archival footage from the time as well as retrospective interviews with Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Karen Allen, Kate Capshaw, Alison Doody, Paul Freeman, John Rhys Davies, Julian Glover and even the elusive Sean Connery. There is some really interesting footage in this documentary, including the test footage from Raiders with Tom Selleck and Sean Young. Originally Selleck was the first choice to play Indiana Jones but he was unable to do so as he was already contracted to the TV show Magnum PI. The documentary contains numerous other wonderful gems like this for you to find out about, but I won’t spoil them here. All in all this is an excellent documentary that tells you all you need to know about the world of Indiana Jones.
  • The Sound of Indiana Jones (13-minutes) - This featurette explores the importance of sound effects used throughout the trilogy. Ben Burtt, the man responsible for the audio on the films tells you how they created the different sound effects for each of the three films in the series. After watching this you’ll appreciate just how much effort went into creating the wonderful audio environments you hear in the finished films.
  • The Music of Indiana Jones (12-minutes) - Composer John Williams talks about his cores to the Indiana Jones films and explains some of the mechanics behind musical composition. This featurette gives you an insight into how music can enhance and also accompany the images you are seeing on the screen, and also how a classic theme can either make or break a film.
  • The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones (12-minutes) - Here we get to see the work of Industrial Light & Magic in action. This featurette covers everything from the optical effects of the first two films up to the early CGI work on The Last Crusade. On Raiders we are given a detailed look at the end scene with the Ark, featuring storyboards, production stills and animatics that show you the various types of effects work that went into creating the aftermath of the opening of the Ark. For Temple of Doom we get to see the work that went into creating the mine cart chase, and finally on The Last Crusade we are treated to a look at the CGI effects.
  • Trailers - There are six trailers for you to look at including theatrical trailers for all three films. Also included in this section is a teaser and re-release trailer for Raiders of the Lost Ark, a teaser trailer for The Last Crusade and a game preview trailer for The Emperor’s Tomb.
  • Weblink - This gives you access to the Indiana Jones website. Once there you will have access to exclusive special features as well as information on the forthcoming Indiana Jones IV. You can also access this link from the three film discs.

Bonus Features:

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark: An Introduction by Steven Spielberg & George Lucas
  • Indiana Jones: An Appreciation -- The cast and crew of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull pay tribute to the original trilogy.
  • The Melting Face -- A recreation of the amazing physical effect of the villain's melting face in Raiders of the Lost Ark, including Steven Spielberg and George Lucas commenting on the evolution of visual effects and CGI.
  • Storyboard Sequence--The Well of Souls
  • Galleries
    o Illustrations & Props
    o Production Photographs & Portraits
    o Effects/ILM
    o Marketing
  • Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures Game Demo and Trailer

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

• Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: An Introduction by Steven Spielberg & George Lucas
  • Creepy Crawlies -- Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Frank Marshall reminisce about snakes, bugs and rats.
  • Locations -- Travel across the world to discover where the films take place and where they were shot.
  • Storyboard Sequence--The Mine Cart Chase
  • Galleries
    o Illustrations & Props
    o Effects/ILM
    o Marketing

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: An Introduction by Steven Spielberg & George Lucas
  • The Women: The American Film Institute Tribute -- The three Indiana Jones women (Karen Allen, Kate Capshaw and Alison Doody) reunite for a discussion.
  • Friends and Enemies -- Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Indiana Jones writers discuss how they created the most iconic characters in film history, including a look at new faces in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
  • Storyboard Sequence -- The Opening Sequence
  • Galleries
    o Illustrations & Props
    o Effects/ILM
    o Marketing