Death Race

Tools    

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
When I was in Florida one year I happened upon a cool little movie called Death Race 2000. I was shocked, stunned and vastly amused by the film.

Now they are making a sequel?

Trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452608/...db-vi401080601

Looks like it might be good. But with no Caradine vs. Sly? I don't know...

I don't know either. The trailer shows a lot of black, white and shadows. That's a worrisome thing. I like to be able to actually see the action in a movie. I'm funny that way.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I hate how they revealed a big part of the plot in the trailer.

Suspect's Reviews

I hate how they revealed a big part of the plot in the trailer.
That's true it does. Which means it might actually have a decent storyline. Something Death Race 2000 really didn't.

I admit, it looks kind of fun. My girlfriend and I actually laughed out loud when Jason Statham came on screen. Probably because we were both thinking this seemed like his sort of movie.

I actually just had the pleasure of seeing the original and it was pretty friggin' great, in a not very good kind of way, but yeah I really liked it so there ya go.

I'll see this one on the DVD.

I actually just had the pleasure of seeing the original and it was pretty friggin' great, in a not very good kind of way, but yeah I really liked it so there ya go.

I'll see this one on the DVD.
I so agree with you.

Oh no!! This makes me want to weep. Death Race 2000 is one of my favourite films and its campy 70's feel is one of the great things about it, whereas this looks like a bad mix of The Running Man and The Fast And The Furious. Then they add Ian McShane (who I hate and can never see as anyone else than Lovejoy) and Jason Statham (who's ok, but not someone who I enjoy watching) and have the whole mess directed, produced and written by Paul W.S. Anderson.

I'll admit that I probably wouldn't like any remake or update of DR2000, but the ingredients of this one would be hard to make worse.

they give away a perfectly good plot twist RIGHT THERE. "He knows we set him up" WTF MANG?
looks terrible if u ask me. statham is tight but not enough to save it
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.