Just saw Legends of the Fall

→ in
Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.

Actually re-saw it after many years. Wow, talk about epic. If this movie was a food, it would be a big hearty, meaty elk stew. I forgot how good Brad Pitt, Aidan Quinn and Anthony Hopkins were in this one. To refresh you if you haven't seen it recently, it revolves around a family of 3 brothers and a father on a Montana ranch. Throw in World War I, a hot young British lady to hypnotize all 3 lads, some stunning scenery, and you've got an intensely engaging flick. I actually did get a bit weepy-weepums a couple of times. Lots of things going on. In fact, the only thing I would change in the movie would be in the set design; I would add a big carved wooden sign hanging over the front of the ranch that reads "Sh&t Happens".

Would make an excellent double feature with A River Runs Through It, if you could handle all the heaviosity. Good stuff.

Legends of the Fall is in my top 100... but a lot of people seem to hate it... which is something I've never understood. No, it's not exactly your happy ever after movie, but like you said, "**** happens" and this is a movie about that...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked
Just re-queued it on Netflix...Haven't seen it since release.

I'm in the "hate it" camp. Overwrought horsepucky, and one of Sir Anthony's worst performances ever. Nice cinematography, and Brad is super hunky in his long hair. I see no other positives. It's actually very much like Redford's A River Runs Through It, only if Danielle Steele and John Jakes' bastard lovechild rewrote the screenplay.

But, you know...to each their own.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I remember thinking some of it was over-the-top, and that the histrionics from Pitt were unbelievable at times, but I will give it another shot.

Sure some of it is a little over the top... but I like it because it's not the typical happy ever after...

Daniel Steele huh... personally, I wouldn't know... I've never read one of her romance books...

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Yeah it's totally over the top (overwrought), no doubt. But it's an idealized fable. I accepted that and enjoyed being manipulated by the events, scenery, and swelling music. I guess I'm a movie fan first and critic second...

Brad is really amazing on that movie! I saw that movie 9 years ago!

"Love it" camp. I wanna have Julia Ormond's baby or something. Holds if you think its overwrought horsepuckey you must really hate First Knight. Which I also love. I'm such a stupid sap. And I swear, the sappier the better. I'm making myself sick just thinking about it.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Legends of the Fall is in my top 100... but a lot of people seem to hate it... which is something I've never understood.
it's been a very long time since i've seen Legends of the Fall, but i remember absolutely hating it, too. as of right now though, i barely remember why, so i'll definitely have to see it again, i think. i'll add it to 'the list'!

great if you watch it fromt he start and get into it, but its one of those movies that if i were to catch it halfway trough or 20 mins into its start.. I wouldnt be moved to watch it.. when it catches you however it really catches you.