Queensland Flood Crisis

Tools    

Here on the Gold Coast is raining heavily and windy. About 130 kms wind.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/...t-moves-south/

Terrible in Brazil -tragic.

My power was off on Sunday and it's Wednesday at the moment and enegex (power company) and It will not be on until Friday

Only 3 Units don't have power...the street does. Every Unit block has it (power) but I don't. Why? Because the was a short in the breaker and they can't rectify it because they're idiots. I'm not in flooding area, nowhere near it. The whole suburb has power, just 3 units in my Unit block - they're useless. I wouldn't employ them to screw in a light bulb.

I just spoke to one (so called information) who was very rude from Energex. She said your supply isn't near you, that's why you're having trouble get power. The grid where I get power is far way from my unit. When I asked about when my power will on - she said "we don't know?" Queensland! The last bastiens of idiots! That's why people pay out on Queenlanders.

I have been wondering where you were, Powderfinger. I was getting fiercely worried.

I'm doing Tech. Off tomorrow.

My power come on an hour ago, after 5 days. Even though nearly everyone in my Suburb had it after a day and a half. Queensland what a great state

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I was in Mt. Gravatt for the majority of it, and the winds were hitting pretty hard. Around where I live, in Greenbank, a lot of the low lying areas were flooded and trees were down. Not even close to the devastation in Bundaberg and similarly hit areas, though.

I realise Bundaberg had it bad - devastating really.

In the Gold Coast was bad, the winds and the rain, though where I live there wasn't any flooding, nowhere near it. It was just Energex F*** up. They should have done checks 2 years ago because the breaker was no good. As soon the wind picked up and the rain it was gone. It took them 5 days to figure it out. The real issue is Maintenance which they lack badly.

6 people passed away though, one little child because a tree fell on the child.

I'm doing these pictures to illustrate my reasoning about my power failure for 5 days, when all the unit blocks had power after a day and a half. I find that weird, even though I got a reason, for me it's absolutely disgusting for a big Power company to have that sought of maintenance issues, or lack of them!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0224.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	9999   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0225.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	10000  

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/...risis-worsens/

A crocodile has been sighted on a flooded suburban Rockhampton street as the swollen Fitzroy River approaches a revised 8.7 metre peak, forcing the closure of the airport until possibly Wednesday next week.

A resident spotted the saltwater animal lurking around Stack Street, at Koongal, on Saturday morning and reported it to police, a Rockhampton Regional Council spokeswoman told AAP.

The area where the crocodile was seen, on the northern side of the river, is only two blocks away from the flooded Lakes Creek Supermarket. The sighting comes as authorities brace for the Fitzroy to reach 8.7 metres by early Sunday morning.

The revised flood peak is below the 9.2 metre level reached in 2011 but it still forced the closure of Rockhampton Airport on Friday night.

The central Queensland city's deputy mayor Tony Williams said the airport was likely to remain closed until possibly Wednesday, following the weather bureau's updated flood prediction.

"We would have been on the home stretch today," he told reporters.

"It has been a little bit disheartening because we were planning - all the agencies were doing their best to keep everything open and business as usual."

On Thursday, Mr Williams told AAP the city would have operated "business as usual" if the flood peak had stayed at 8.5 metres.

But on Saturday, he conceded that Rockhampton needed new flood gauges in place for future inundation, and left open the possibility of relocating homes away from low-lying, flood-prone areas.

"It's something that we really need to consider and look at that in our future planning," he said.

The main southern access road into Rockhampton - the Yeppen crossing over the Bruce Highway - is also being closed again to light vehicles on Saturday night from 6pm (AEST) because of visibility issues.

Police Superintendent Ron van Saane said that while water levels over the road had reached 20cm, authorities were more concerned about light cars getting swept away.

"It's actually not the height that's the issue, it's the pace of the water," he told reporters.

Semper Fooey
Crocodiles roaming the streets!

Australia is so cool.