Uploaded with ImageShack.us

NIGHT SKIES (2007)

Directed by Roy Knyrim

Written by Steve B. Harris (story adaptation) & Eric Miller (adaptation)

The cast includes:

Jason Connery as Richard

A J Cook as Lilly

George Stultz as Matt

Ashley Peldon as Molly

Joe Sikora as Joe

Gwendoline Yeo as June

This film was inspired by real events.

In March of 1997 there was one of the largest UFO sightings in history.

The film is a combination of both sci fi and horror elements.

Five friends are on the way to Las Vegas in a large RV. While attempting to take a shortcut, Matt, the driver gets lost. When told about the lights in the sky, Matt, while not watching where he is going rams a stranded vehicle driven by Richard. The impact causes Joe to fall on a knife which rams into his back.

The group is now stranded on a dark tree covered road which adds to the eerie atmosphere.

While trying to care for Joe, Richard from the rammed vehicle comes to help. Matt does not like or trust him. But with Joe in dire need, Matt lets him help.

The stranded RV suddenly becomes mysteriously surrounded by alien beings.

Eventually Joe dies and Molly, Matt and June are abducted, leaving Lilly and Richard to try to make their way to a cabin deep in the woods. However, the aliens attack the cabin and both Lilly and Richard are abducted.

The scene shows the aliens examining Lilly and removing her baby she is to have which was fostered by Matt. Richard finds his gun and kills Lilly.

Richard is then subjected to examination and torture.

At the end of the film he is found in a mud pit many miles way from where the RV was located and is in total shock.

I found this film to be good in respect to alien abduction (which has been the subject of many films.)

The aliens depicted were typical E T types but very well designed with great makeup.

The scenery on a deserted road with little but natural light makes for an eerie sensation, like being out on the foggy moors.

Also the showing of the lights in the sky (supposedly to be UFO's) was really realistic and well done.

I found the film to be constantly moving along with the group trying to get the RV fixed, Joe to a doctor, as well as the alien interventions. There was no time that the film dragged.

I would give Night Skies a three out of four stars for the rating.

It is available on DVD. I found my copy at Big Lots for $3.00!!!!!

This is a worthwhile film if you re keen on sci fi, UFO's, aliens and like suspenseful movies.

I enjoyed this film very much and do recommend it to sci fi fans particularly.