Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom

→ in
Tools    

A lot of people hate on this but it's always been my favorite of the Indy movies (though I do acknowledge Raiders being the best in a lot of ways and I'd never dispute that). I always enjoyed the much darker, more omnious tone and vibe it has and it's probably the closest the series has ever gotten to being like a Horror film. Mola Ram is by far my favorite villain of the series and it's got no doubt the best music and action of the series. I'm always puzzled by the disliking and backlash it tends to receive. Usually it's people complaining about Willie and Short Round, but I always liked Short Round a lot and find Willie funny.

Any other fans of this particular installment? On so many places people seem to bash and hate this movie into oblivion and many consider it the worst even with Crystal Skull in the mix, I just can't fathom that.

There's been plenty of discussion on this movie (see the Rank the Indiana Jones Movies thread for recent discussion), but yes you will find Temple of Doom fans here.

It's always been my favorite Indy movie. The darker aspect of it was always appealing and it just seemed like a much more exciting adventure to me than the other two (I'm not even going to acknowledge that Crystal Skull turd). It also always struck me as the funniest of the trilogy.

I'm aware of that thread and actually started it I kinda figured why not a thread more centric about TOD itself.

Whew, two years since I started this? Doesn't feel like it.

I always feel like an outsider liking this one the best. But I always considered the first two movies to be equals.

It's my favourite of the original 3 as well tbh.
Might be down to the fact I saw it before I saw the others when I was a kid but even now as an adult I think it's the best of them.

One thing I find funny is that not many realise it's based before the first movie. It's almost like Lucas and his penchant for prequels was set early in his career.

It was the first one I saw as well. I was maybe 2 or 3 at the time? At that age I was completely blown away.

One thing I find funny is that not many realise it's based before the first movie. It's almost like Lucas and his penchant for prequels was set early in his career.
Yeah, it's perhaps not that obvious really.

It's my favourite but I do have reservations about it now, having discovered the controversy over the representation of India and Hinduism at the time.

I think the reason TOD was a prequel was to give Indy different enemies besides the Nazis.

Nah, the stories were already written a few years beforehand, they just decided to make the second part first.

Indiana Jones sells very well for his time