The Jungle Book Remake

Tools    

Disney are remaking The Jungle Book.

They're remaking a lot of their old films, including Dumbo, Beauty And The Beast and Cinderella.

The Jungle Book though has been getting some momentum and have cast Bill Murray as Baloo, Christopher Walken as King Louis the Orangutan and Giancarlo Esposito as the Wolf Leader Akela.

Ben Kingsley is Black Panther Bagheera, Lupita Nyong'o is to play Mother Wolf who raises Mowgli Raksha, Idris Elba as antagonistic Tiger Shere Khan and Scarlett Johansson as the Python Kaa.

10 year old Neel Sethi will be making his motion picture debut as Mowgli.

The film is expected in 2015... Jon Favreau is directing.

I love The Jungle Book (the book version) but I always felt somethings lacking from the movies. Especially how Kaa is always made a bad guy. When he was a big part of saving Mowgli from the monkeys. And it seems they are doing it again here.

That being said, I like the casting for a lot of the animals.

The Disney live action adaptation of a Disney animated movie after Alice in Wonderland, Alice in Wonderland 2, Cinderella, and Maleficent, but before Winnie The Pooh, Dumbo, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Maleficent 2, Pete's Dragon, Pinocchio, The Sword in the Stone, the last segment from Fantasia, Aladdin, and Peter Pan. I hate that. I also hate that Disney is casting Lupita N'yongo in multiple blockbusters and giving her bit parts in both. I hate Bill Murray. I hate having photorealistic animals talking. I hate Scarlett Johanssen's voice in the trailer. I mildly like that one of the Sherman Brothers is writing new songs. I hate that it will be a musical and that they cast actors instead of singers. I hate that the reviews of Disney's annie->LA adaptations have been sucks, sucks, and literally the exact same thing as the original. I hate that this will overshadow Andy Serkis' directorial debut. I'm not really looking forward to this one.

You hate Bill Murray? That's almost sacrilege...

As for Johansson's voiceover on the trailer... I agree, I thought it was Sigourney Weaver before the cast names came up at the end.

This'll be better than the child friendly cartoon though... there seems to be less of the cheesy tunes and apple-pie-dimpled-cheeks characters and less bright colours and colourful eye candy for kiddies.
I was never a fan of the Disney cartoon, but I'm interested in seeing this Disney live-action outing.

You hate Bill Murray? That's almost sacrilege...
Let me correct myself. I hate modern Bill Murray. He once was a great talent, but excluding Wes Anderson (Who makes any and every old actor look good), I haven't liked a single thing he's touched in a decade.

Christopher Walken as King Louie. Call me intrigued.

I wonder if they're going to sing "The Bare Necessities" or just refer to it and use the tune as background music. Bill Murray would have to sing it since it is Baloo's song.

I wonder if they're going to sing "The Bare Necessities" or just refer to it and use the tune as background music. Bill Murray would have to sing it since it is Baloo's song.
I think they've said this version isn't a musical so he'll probably just mention it and hum the tune (the latter as has already been shown in trailers).

Well if you go back and look at the cartoons of the same tale its kinda a dark story all along but i particulary dont care if its too scary for kids or not. I think it looks cool but would like a new or different trailer more about baloo and other animals. I was refering too the teaser trailer cause did not realize there was a new one.

Well if you go back and look at the cartoons of the same tale its kinda a dark story all along but i particulary dont care if its too scary for kids or not. I think it looks cool but would like a new or different trailer more about baloo and other animals. I was refering too the teaser trailer cause did not realize there was a new one.
Yeah, some of the best things are scary for kids anyway.