Shark Tale

→ in
Tools    

Shark Tale
It's a step down from Pixar's Finding Nemo, but Dreamworks' latest CGI offering Shark Tale is rife with pop culture references that hit more often than they miss ...MORE

A system of cells interlinked
Great Review, will probably skip this one....

Do you know my poetry?
Even though my heroes (De Niro and Scorsese) appear in the film, I really have no desire to view it. I had the opportunity to see it for free at a local theater last tuesday, but passed on the offer.

I havent seen it, but the way people talk about it, i'm going to. I think DW tries to imatate Pixar too much...

Well, I went into this movie with little to no expectations of the movie what so ever, I can honestly say I came out happy.. I found it cute and quite funny at times. To me it was well worth the price of entry...

Put me in your pocket...
Just bumping this back up. Someone started another Shark Tale thread without looking to see if one already existed. Since Yoda gave such a nice review, this thread deserves posting instead of starting a completely new thread.

I liked your review Yoda and your bottom line. Well-done.

As I had commented in the movie tab, I liked Shark Tale for the most part, but some gags got old to me very quickly. Will Smith constant gabber for one. I like Will, but it was just too much...by the time he did the MC Hammer spoof it wasn't as funny to me any more and I was looking at my watch. Also....maybe it's just me in my cranky old age, but DeNiro doing the bad guy bit is getting old to me. I loved it (him spoofing himself) in Analyse This and Meet the Parents, but seeing him in that type of role is getting a little old to me. Jack Black was ok...but not as good as the critics made him out to be.

I loved Scorsese, Renée Zellweger and Angelina Jolie in their parts. And it was fun seeing Katie Couric play Katie Current.

Perhaps we could merge the threads???

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Watched it last night, thought it was pretty good. Found the rasta jellyfish highly amusing.

Sarge is rite bout the jelly fish but the rest was crappy. The animation sucked.

I went to see it the other day...

I was dissapointed in it. It fellt rushed for some reason, half baked. I think DW tried to hard to fit in with teen/hip hop/ gangster scene. The opening sequence was terible. Overall this movie was a many stepes down from Shrek 2, and even more from Finding nemo...

Can anyone guess what DW is going to do after Pixar makes it Incedibles???

caught this one yesterday..i thought the movie was funny and right up there with shrek....especially some of the homage to different films (jaws, titanic, etc) that this film makes...they pass by fast and furious, so keep your eyes and ears open....

I love this movie and loved most of the characters (i think will smiths character was anoying)But i loved jack blacks character

I love this movie and loved most of the characters (i think will smiths character was anoying)But i loved jack blacks character

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I have no desire to see this movie. The character designes are CREEPY looking and from what I've seen the animation is not all that great.
I say skip this one and see Madagascar. That was a good one Definantly Dreamwork's best.

Sir_Robin

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I hope they don't make a sequel to this one...
BSR

Feeble movie in just about every respect.

Of course most movies would suffer in comparison to the superb Finding Nemo, but Shark Tale was less exhilirating, inventive, pretty and funny than Finding Forrester.

I didn't laugh once and I don't think I smiled, but I sure did wince. Scorsese's character was excruciatingly embarassing, and not in a remotely funny way. The rest were little better and that 'mad' crab thing was even worse.

The story was not at all involving, the hero wasn't likeable, the jokes chalked up an amazing 100% failure rate, there was much dubious sterotyping... are you getting the idea that I hate this movie yet?