The deadline for the Top Musicals list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

Starship Troopers II

Tools    

That's right! They're making another one.

It'll take place in the same time that the first one happend - after the war had began, but before the brain-bug was found.

The same brilliant writer wrote this. But they're having a completely no0b director.

The bad news is that it's going straight to video.

Do you know when it'll be out!!!??? This is GREAT!!

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0367093

There are already a few fan-sites on the web. Check out the "Miscellaneous links" section in the IMDB page.

Are you serious? I definitely have to see this one.

I'm glad that it's going straight to video.
I think the first one should have gone to video also.....
The movie is a good video rental, when it's raining.

Never conform, never compromise....
No way man, the first one was great...a little light in the plot area but it was a fun action filled movie, with some decent comedy that while not the best story, could still entertain you for the whole 2 hours..(except for that really bad death scene on the ship as their leaving the planet)

My only prob with it was that I got the fealing the director could not decide if he wanted it to be like all the other new sci-fi movies OR if he wanted it to be reminesent of the great b-movies of the past.

If this one is going straight to video I can see them sticking with the B-movie style thoughout the entire movie.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

The first one for me is like....

I'm flipping throught the channels and i see starship troopers,

oh cool let me see this movie to kill sometime.

Never conform, never compromise....
Thats cool man, i did not mean any offence, every one has their opinion and I respect that... like they say "To each, his own"

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by megatron
The first one for me is like....

I'm flipping throught the channels and i see starship troopers,

oh cool let me see this movie to kill sometime.
I think the story was written by Robert Heinlan, who wrote some interesting sci-fi/political comment books like "Stranger in a strange land". So, i reckon there was a bit more in there than just bug bashing. My impression of it was that the soldiers were portrayed as brainwashed/"rascist" hotrods.

Alright, but at the end of the day it was a bug-bashing movie. The second one is probably all the plot they cut out to make it just a special effects explosion-fest in the first place.

And Christ, Endless, you must be English. You apologise more readily than me