The Official MLB Thread

Tools    

Do you think they can make it all the way? Aren't they a wildcard team?
i think they have a chance against the yankees

Any decent team has a chance against any other team in a short series. And the primary downside of being a Wild Card team is just that you have to survive another one of those short series; once you have, there's really no meaningful disadvantage to it.

Yeah, 3 or 5 games can be a quick series even going against a loaded team. I guess maybe that has leveled the playing field for teams not named the Yankees or dodgers.

7 games on the other hand may still he same.

I follow the playoffs in hockey, hownos.

Having to play a wildcard round may (or may not) mess with the pitching rotation a bit though. Yet home field does seem to matter less in baseball recently, despite the size difference between stadiums and how teams could theoretically make it advantageous.

That being said, the Royals win was not much of an upset to me (neither the Tigers as Houston didn't really look like their former championship caliber team most of the season). I'm not giving the Royals much of a shot against the Yankees, but I'll still be pulling for them.

He crushed that pitch...Royals fought hard and the Phillies just fell apart in the bullpen.

Kinda bothers me they split the games now, only 2 games today.

Welcome to the postseason, Shohei.
I wonder if theyre gonna beam him for that bat flip? Has anyone ever tried to hit him with a pitch? It seems just wrong when it comes to him.