Historical figures who deserve a biopic?

Tools    

The Guy Who Sees Movies
a good one. the guy was crazy.
It would be a pretty good biopic IF you did the entire family. The Booths were semi-local characters who are well known around Baltimore (he's buried near me), a theatrical family. His father was well regarded as an actor, and his brother Edwin was said to be the best actor of his time. John, however, apparently was considered to be hyperbolic as an actor. The family's reputation was ruined by John, who wasn't really crazy by the standard of the time, but "passionate" in his "cause". John knew exactly what he was doing and expected a political rebellion to happen after the killing. It didn't and he was caught, despairing.

The setting, the murder and the family consequences would make a really good movie.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I want one about how Mary Shelley came up with Frankenstein when trying to make up a scary story for her friends.
You get your wish:

Gothic (1986) "The Shelleys visit Lord Byron and compete to write a horror story."

Haunted Summer (1988) "In 1816, authors Lord Byron, Mary Shelley and Percy Shelley get together for some philosophical discussions, but the situation soon deteriorates into mind games, drugs and sex."

Mary Shelley (2017) "Life and facts of Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin, who at 16 met 21 year old poet Percy Shelley, resulting in the writing of Frankenstein."

I seen Mary Shelley (2017) it was decent.

You get your wish:

Gothic (1986) "The Shelleys visit Lord Byron and compete to write a horror story."

Haunted Summer (1988) "In 1816, authors Lord Byron, Mary Shelley and Percy Shelley get together for some philosophical discussions, but the situation soon deteriorates into mind games, drugs and sex."

Mary Shelley (2017) "Life and facts of Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin, who at 16 met 21 year old poet Percy Shelley, resulting in the writing of Frankenstein."

I seen Mary Shelley (2017) it was decent.

Thanks. But how about this one: Agnes Varda?

It would be a pretty good biopic IF you did the entire family. The Booths were semi-local characters who are well known around Baltimore (he's buried near me), a theatrical family. His father was well regarded as an actor, and his brother Edwin was said to be the best actor of his time. John, however, apparently was considered to be hyperbolic as an actor. The family's reputation was ruined by John, who wasn't really crazy by the standard of the time, but "passionate" in his "cause". John knew exactly what he was doing and expected a political rebellion to happen after the killing. It didn't and he was caught, despairing.

The setting, the murder and the family consequences would make a really good movie.
I only found out about this Edwin Booth movie Prince of Players (1955) last night as I was looking at the filmography of Maggie McNamara after watching Three Coins in the Fountain.

There's this one, which I have but haven't gotten around to watching yet.
Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story (2017)
Huh. I was alerted to the story by one of those in-between-movie segments on TCM where they told about the unknown life of Hedy Lamaar, and the host specifically said there has yet to be a motion picture made about her life.

But I guess the one you referenced is a documentary and he was saying that she never had a bio-pic made about her life.

@Citizen Rules

Dorothy Kilgallen - I've been watching YouTube videos of What's My Line? and it is just a wonderful time capsule. I only watch the Mystery Guest segments.

@LeBoyWondeur

Had to Google Mathilde Willink

Richard Rich

@Citizen Rules

Dorothy Kilgallen - I've been watching YouTube videos of What's My Line? and it is just a wonderful time capsule. I only watch the Mystery Guest segments.
The Mystery Guest segments are good and that's how I got started watching What's My Line? One day I was looking at YouTube and seen this old tv show that had Orson Welles as the guest panelist and Greer Garson as the mystery guest, so I watched it, funniest thing I'd seen in awhile. That got me hooked on watching the full episodes and in order. I watched all 757 of the surviving episodes. It was like a time machine back to the 1950s. All of the guest were interesting and I learned alot about the nuances and attitudes of the 50s as well as more major historical stuff. I will say the first season or two was slow, but once they got the regular panelist: Dorothy Kilgallen, Arlene Francis, Bennett Cerf and Hal Block (who later was kicked off the show and replaced with Steve Allen and later a guest panelist)...I started loving the show! I spent a year watching two episodes a night. This is the official channel for What's My Line?
https://www.youtube.com/@WhatsMyLine

Forgot to say that Dororty Kilgallen is my personal favorite. So sad watching her last performance when I knew what would be happening to her. After spending a year with these people I felt like I knew them, maybe the most influential show I'd ever seen.

Huh. I was alerted to the story by one of those in-between-movie segments on TCM where they told about the unknown life of Hedy Lamaar, and the host specifically said there has yet to be a motion picture made about her life.

But I guess the one you referenced is a documentary and he was saying that she never had a bio-pic made about her life.
Yes you're right that's a doc not a movie bio pic. I just thought if you were interested in Hedy Lamar you might want to watch it. I want to see it, well one of these days.

Yes you're right that's a doc not a movie bio pic. I just thought if you were interested in Hedy Lamar you might want to watch it. I want to see it, well one of these days.
Oh yes, I'll watch it.
(Sometimes I like a documentary better - if you remember my rants about Bohemian Rhapsody... I've come to distrust bio-pics somewhat as far as delivering the actual facts).

"You're insane!" "I thought I was a Pisces!"
@LeBoyWondeur

Had to Google Mathilde Willink
@LeBoyWondeur and @nyctc7 for what it's worth, Appletv has a series called The New Look about fashion designers Christian Dior and Coco Chanel.

After watching it, I will NEVER buy anything Coco Chanel.

The Mystery Guest segments are good and that's how I got started watching What's My Line? One day I was looking at YouTube and seen this old tv show that had Orson Welles as the guest panelist and Greer Garson as the mystery guest, so I watched it, funniest thing I'd seen in awhile. That got me hooked on watching the full episodes and in order. I watched all 757 of the surviving episodes. It was like a time machine back to the 1950s. All of the guest were interesting and I learned alot about the nuances and attitudes of the 50s as well as more major historical stuff. I will say the first season or two was slow, but once they got the regular panelist: Dorothy Kilgallen, Arlene Francis, Bennett Cerf and Hal Block (who later was kicked off the show and replaced with Steve Allen and later a guest panelist)...I started loving the show! I spent a year watching two episodes a night. This is the official channel for What's My Line?
https://www.youtube.com/@WhatsMyLine
Forgot to say that Dororty Kilgallen is my personal favorite. So sad watching her last performance when I knew what would be happening to her. After spending a year with these people I felt like I knew them, maybe the most influential show I'd ever seen.
In the beginning Dorothy had a cute pixyish look, but by the mid 1960s she was not aging well. I did read her Wikipedia article.

Hal Block deserved to be fired. He was such a creep and maybe even a bit of an a-hole. I had no idea who he was before watching. Even the the way he constantly scratches his head during the Mystery Guest segments irritates me.

All 757? Wow.

The Guy Who Sees Movies
I only found out about this Edwin Booth movie Prince of Players (1955) last night as I was looking at the filmography of Maggie McNamara after watching Three Coins in the Fountain.
Yeah, I've heard of that one, never saw it. From what I know of Edwin, he was a unionist and horrified about what his brother had done. His career tanked for a while after his brother's act, but it recovered later.