What's the time limit on threads dropping off New Posts?

Tools    

can we make them stick around longer?

can we make them stick around longer?
It's based on your last visit.

When you "run out" you can hit Mark Forums Read (on the home page), at which point New Posts, if empty, will present you with a link to see all posts in the last 24 hours, regardless of visitation.

It's meant to be a pretty informal digest of things you've missed since your last visit. If you want to track things more granularly, Thread Subscriptions allows for more thorough/targeted tracking, depending on exactly what you're trying to do.

Trouble with a capital "T"
It's based on your last visit.
If I hadn't logged in for a week would I be shown a weeks worth of recent threads? Is there a total number of threads cap, say like never more than 50? Or a time limit cap for threads showing in the New Post link?

When you "run out" you can hit Mark Forums Read (on the home page), at which point New Posts, if empty, will present you with a link to see all posts in the last 24 hours, regardless of visitation.
I use that 'feature' all the time, even this morning I did that. I wish it would show more than just the last 24 hours, say 48 or even 72 hours. Even a three day old thread can still be 'fresh' enough to be of interest.

If I hadn't logged in for a week would I be shown a weeks worth of recent threads? Is there a total number of threads cap, say like never more than 50? Or a time limit cap for threads showing in the New Post link?

I use that 'feature' all the time, even this morning I did that. I wish it would show more than just the last 24 hours, say 48 or even 72 hours. Even a three day old thread can still be 'fresh' enough to be of interest.
i would like to see the new posts last longer as well so you don't have to go to the forums

I almost exclusively use the New Post link myself.
same here

I'd have to check. I think there's some kind of upper bound but it should show you quite a bit if you haven't been around in awhile. It's admittedly never going to be comprehensive, it's just a sort of general catch-up feature for people who visit at least a couple of times a week.

It's possible I could bump that up, I'd have to take a look. We're getting into the guts of some very old code though, so no promises.

I'd have to check. I think there's some kind of upper bound but it should show you quite a bit if you haven't been around in awhile. It's admittedly never going to be comprehensive, it's just a sort of general catch-up feature for people who visit at least a couple of times a week.
I was just curious about that, myself I log in like everyday.

It's possible I could bump that up, I'd have to take a look. We're getting into the guts of some very old code though, so no promises.
That would be awesome!

I can add a "Today's Posts" link in some more prominent place if it helps.
I don't know about anybody else, but that wouldn't help me. I pretty much look at New Post each time I log in, unless it's a thread that I'm very interested in like a HoF or Countdown thread, then I just go there directly from the forum it is located in.

I just realized something, I use the New Post link almost non stop while I'm logging in. Just now I checked my mentions and replied, then automatically clicked New Post to see if there was something new to check out. Love that feature.

Update: I've added an option, alongside the 24 hour one, to display all threads updated in the last week.

I can add a "Today's Posts" link in some more prominent place if it helps.
yes. at the top

Update: I've added an option, alongside the 24 hour one, to display all threads updated in the last week.

you have to keep hitting mark unread to activate it.

You must mean hit Mark Forums Read to active it?
yes