Upcoming superhero & CBM projects

Tools    

Up, up and away!!

There are so many superhero and comic-book movie projects going on right now, it seems like a catch-all thread might be very helpful in trying to keep all of the various projects in one tidy place.

In the remainder of this year, alone, we have Joker and Venom sequels, plus Kraven the Hunter.

And 2025 promises to be amazing in terms of the sheer number of projects being released, with rebooted versions of Superman and The Fantastic Four, the new Captain America, the Thunderbolts* movie (only Kevin Feige nows what the asterisk means!) and if they can get their act together at Marvel, maybe the reboot of Blade will finally happen!

Although not officially confirmed, the sequel to The Batman is also supposed to be happening soon, and The Penguin series will reportedly prepare us for what will happen in that sequel.

Further down the line, we have Avengers: Doomsday and Avengers: Secret Wars, plus the long-awaited Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow.

And, in the animated front, Sony has yet to announce a release date for the conclusion to the Spider-Verse trilogy, while Pixar is already working on The Incredibles 3.

Superhero fatigue? Doesn't look like it!

They actually scrapped the original script for Spider-Verse 3 because they didn't like the creative direction. I really find that strange considering that Spider-Verse 2 was essentially perfectly cooked, even legendary for animation in some ways. I was really convinced they had a good direction for number 3.

Ohhhh that reminds me, there's also a new Daredevil series coming out next year, too!

I think they are bringing back Jon Berenthal's Punisher.