A "Crap" Movie You Liked?

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
"The Last Boyscout". Just love it...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

SUPERSTAR has to be the worst movie i've ever seen (but of course i liked it) whenever this chick is nervous, she rubs her hands under her armpits and smells them

I have a thing for "Superstar" as well -- I saw that one at the movies.

Didn't see it.
Hudson Hawk

Didn't see it.
Happy Gilmore
Trial and Error

All that male eye candy....mmmmm....

*snap* You go girlfriend. Though I wouldn't call "Legends of the Fall" a (crap) movie.

Originally posted by Herodotus:
But how much has that changed the cinematic experience? True, digital has changed the Independent scene, and it's certainly shook up the industry, but the look, feel, and actual movies themselves have not done much evolving lately.
I disagree completely. Digital has completely and utterly changed the filmmaking process. The look and feel of movies. The choices a filmmaker has to make. Look at Full Frontal and at Atanarjuat: they don't use digital because they have no choice, but because it totally redefines the way that their stories get told. Look at The Lord of the Rings. Peter Jackson didn't shoot on digital, but he used digital technology to digitally grade the film, completely altering the tale visually. I know that example doesn't involve digital video, but don't get me started on the influence of video and the way it has changed movies. The Blair Witch Project totally reinvented horror films. Maybe not for the better, and maybe not forever, but it made a considerable impact on how to scare people at the pictures. No way in Hell would this have been possible on 35mm film! Digital video is giving filmmakers the most profound choices in terms of how they can tell their stories. Not done much evolving? Please!

And in regards to the MTV influence, you cite Reservoir Dogs and Raging Bull, seeming as though you haven't seen either of them. Dogs is not a violent movie at all, the major plot point takes place off screen, there are a lot of long takes, long pans and tracking shots. The cutting is hardly as choppy and eclectic as the gangster work of Guy Ritchie. That came much later, and is a direct result of the MTV influence. Raging Bull, for all the schizophrenic editing in the ring, is a classic period piece in every other sense of the word in terms of the way it was shot and edited. The last ten years have without a doubt seen the medium change aesthetically.

STreet Fighter- the Ultimate Battle
Tounge n cheek action + humour

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet

And in regards to the MTV influence, you cite Reservoir Dogs and Raging Bull, seeming as though you haven't seen either of them. Dogs is not a violent movie at all, the major plot point takes place off screen, there are a lot of long takes, long pans and tracking shots. The cutting is hardly as choppy and eclectic as the gangster work of Guy Ritchie. That came much later, and is a direct result of the MTV influence. The last ten years have without a doubt seen the medium change aesthetically.
Finally, somebody who agrees with me.

A night at the roxbury
Dracula 2000
All the Highlander movies even Endgame
Starship Troopers

Originally posted by marlowe203
Starship Troopers
Um, I personally think that movie kicked butt.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by marlowe203
All the Highlander movies even Endgame
Starship Troopers
The first "Highlander" is awsome! And I think that most people - guys, at least - think so. Not a crap movie at all. Great soundtrack also.

"Starship Troopers". That one is not considered to be a crap movie really, is it? It has to be one of recent time's most talked about action/sci-fi movies. The fascist- and Riefenstahl references make this film very interesting. And it's pretty entertaining too.

When Starship Trooper's first came out I had assumed it would be a crap movie, yet when I finally rented it on VHS because there was nothing else available, I was so very pleasantly surprised. It's not like the acting in it was memorable, but the special effects, imaginitive story, and action sequences, were all top notch. I always enjoy seeing it in all its dark humor and graphic violence glory!

Every time I think of Starship Troopers, I get an angry twitch in my right eye.

I remember 1 WEEK before my eighteenth birthday, the idiot ticket seller refused to sell me and my hombre a ticket. Amazing.

crap movie i liked (at the risk of getting cyber-beaten by you all)....

Freddy Got Fingered

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally posted by n7of9
crap movie i liked (at the risk of getting cyber-beaten by you all)....

Freddy Got Fingered
It's one of those films where fequently throughout you ponder on why the hell you're watching it. It's sick, twisted, totally messed up beyond belief. The donkey bit at the start - omg. The baby bit in the hospital - omg. The skateboard accident licking wound bit - omg. That's only a few.

I liked it

CTN
Zoolander
StarShip Troopers