THE 3RD HALL OF INFAMY: Infamy Rises Again

Tools    

Btw, we're putting our least favorite film at #1, correct?
That's how I voted. The film I think should "win" (aka most infamous) was at the top of my list. My least infamous film is the one I put at the bottom of my list.

That's how I voted. The film I think should "win" (aka most infamous) was at the top of my list. My least infamous film is the one I put at the bottom of my list.
If your nomination makes it to #1, is it really a win? It's a paradox.

If your nomination makes it to #1, is it really a win? It's a paradox.
I don't know. I did my ranking a little different this time. I considered the actual meaning of the word infamy. Like, not only what movie was bad, but what movie deserves to be notorious for what it does?

I don't know. I did my ranking a little different this time. I considered the actual meaning of the word infamy. Like, not only what movie was bad, but what movie deserves to be notorious for what it does?
I rank mine from least favorite to favorite. I think of it as reversing my ballot for the regular Hall of Fame's. Since the nominations in this one were bad for different reasons though (poorly made, cheesy, morally offensive) made this hard in some cases. Like, how do I compare Theresienstadt to The Curse of the Bigfoot?

I rank mine from least favorite to favorite. I think of it as reversing my ballot for the regular Hall of Fame's. Since the nominations in this one were bad for different reasons though (poorly made, cheesy, morally offensive) made this hard in some cases. Like, how do I compare Theresienstadt to The Curse of the Bigfoot?
Right, and it was that range that made me take a different approach this time in my ranking.

I forgot the opening line.
The rules of the first ever Hall of Infamy told us "not to nominate movies which you think the participants will enjoy, but to nominate movies which you think everyone will despise" and then "rank the films in this Hall from least favorite to favorite" - I've strictly gone with that ever since, but always with an eye to the general consensus on how these things go. I've noticed more "bad, but a lot of fun" movies have been nominated lately, which are going to end up low on my ballot, because they immediately become favourites - but I still wonder how much weight to give to how badly made a movie is, versus how enjoyable it is, or how well made it is versus how morally reprehensible. Going "most favourite to least" is an easy way to sort out a voting order in those cases.

Latest Review : Double Down (2005)

The rules of the first ever Hall of Infamy told us "not to nominate movies which you think the participants will enjoy, but to nominate movies which you think everyone will despise" and then "rank the films in this Hall from least favorite to favorite"
Yeah, something about this Hall has felt a little different on that front. Apologies if I went rogue and moved the goalposts!