MoFo Music League I

Tools    

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
In the meantime, you can prepare your Duets for R3.

Listening to the songs now. I really have listened to all of them before, I think, so this is just a refresh. Will vote soon.

Thursday's got our numbers! Anyway, one of the best rounds of any song game I've played here.

Not knowing many duets, I had to do some research. I found something I had no idea existed that I must share regardless of how good it does. At least a couple of you should like it.

Not knowing many duets, I had to do some research.
After a research, you're probably going to find out that considerable number of the well known artists have collaborated for a record released as a single.

Nice, round 3 is finally there.

Seeing the playlist, there are again two or three songs picked by the other participants that I heavily considered.
I was ready to bet that some of those two singles by Paul McCartney featuring Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder will be there. Well, they are not.

I literally blanked when making my picks. I even had a burned CD back in the day titled Duets with a lot of my favorites and I just couldn't remember any. Went with whatever came first to my mind.

As a Rush fan, that "Battle Scar" song was a really nice discovery.

"Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" is my favorite Elton John song, and this is a beautiful rendition.

As a Rush fan, that "Battle Scar" song was a really nice discovery.
I had to do a double take when I found that. I thought I knew everything about that band: how'd I miss this?

I guess Max Webster (it's a band, not a person) toured with Rush a lot in the '70s and early '80s. You can probably tell by Neil's drumming, but it's not just a duet with Geddy and their vocalist: it's with the entire bands!

I had to do a double take when I found that. I thought I knew everything about that band: how'd I miss this?

I guess Max Webster (it's a band, not a person) toured with Rush a lot in the '70s and early '80s. You can probably tell by Neil's drumming, but it's not just a duet with Geddy and their vocalist: it's with the entire bands!
They're Canadian, so you know, Canadians stick together!

Songs submitted. I'm not a fan of the term "guilty pleasure", mostly because I don't feel guilty about enjoying something, but I think I went with two choices that fall along the line of what people expect from this.

Ha, this round is a hoot. I'm assigning points to the ones that make me cringe the most. That's the point, right?

Question about the next round: do we choose existing songs used in movies or songs written for movies?

Ha, this round is a hoot. I'm assigning points to the ones that make me cringe the most. That's the point, right?
I guess, it is the same as other rounds. Users assign more points to the ones they like better within the group.
This way, to see if there is consensus that some of these are actually not bad and are liked more.

... mostly because I don't feel guilty about enjoying something, ...
Yes, me too.

Probably the additional round explanation was not accurate.
Anyway, I think it is very clear what the term means, in terms of enjoying some light melodies performed by... I'm not gonna say who.

Kind of grouping movies like Paul Blart: Mall Cop, searching consensus that they are actually quite watchable.