Historical figures who deserve a biopic?

Tools    

Forgot to say that Dororty Kilgallen is my personal favorite. So sad watching her last performance when I knew what would be happening to her. After spending a year with these people I felt like I knew them, maybe the most influential show I'd ever seen.
there are conspiracy theories about her death and the jfk assassination. i don't buy it.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Oh yes, I'll watch it.
(Sometimes I like a documentary better - if you remember my rants about Bohemian Rhapsody... I've come to distrust bio-pics somewhat as far as delivering the actual facts).
Oh, I remember your rants about Bohemian Rhapsody I use to like that movie too, that was before you burst the bubble and revealed the truth about the actual events. I'm with you on this, it bums me that the film makers just didn't tell the real story of Freddie Mercury.

In the beginning Dorothy had a cute pixyish look, but by the mid 1960s she was not aging well. I did read her Wikipedia article.

Hal Block deserved to be fired. He was such a creep and maybe even a bit of an a-hole. I had no idea who he was before watching. Even the the way he constantly scratches his head during the Mystery Guest segments irritates me.

All 757? Wow.
Dorothy was cuter in the 50s. Hal Block was a loud mouth and didn't fit the class act of the show, but his antics cracked me...He was the Ralph Kramden of the panelist.

there are conspiracy theories about her death and the jfk assassination. i don't buy it.
I don't believe for a second that Dorothy Kilgallen was assassinated in some type of JFK coverup conspiracy. When I was watching What's My Line? I did a lot of reading about her life and the events of her death...it's too much to go into here, sad but it was a suicide.

Jim Jones

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Huh. I was alerted to the story by one of those in-between-movie segments on TCM where they told about the unknown life of Hedy Lamaar, and the host specifically said there has yet to be a motion picture made about her life.

But I guess the one you referenced is a documentary and he was saying that she never had a bio-pic made about her life.

PBS showed a documentary about Hedy Lamaar a while back.

Oh, I remember your rants about Bohemian Rhapsody I use to like that movie too, that was before you burst the bubble and revealed the truth about the actual events. I'm with you on this, it bums me that the film makers just didn't tell the real story of Freddie Mercury.
Did I do that?

I don't remember where I first heard that Bohemian Rhapsody was inaccurate... but I have a feeling it was probably from somewhere here on this MoFo site!

Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones (1980) I seen that and never forgot it! The worst part is this horror really happened. If you haven't seen that, watch it. I also read that Leonardo DiCaprio is staring in Jim Jones, the film is in pre production.

Shaka Zulu. The 1980's TV mini series was really good, especially the performance by Henry Cele as Shaka, but I would love to see a big budget version of his life someday.

Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius and Nero

Five interlinked movies with each emperor as the main protagonist in their own movie, rather than being a supporting character.

I've had an interest in Rome's Julio-Claudian dynasty ever since I watched the 1970's BBC adaptation of I, Claudius with amazing performances by Derek Jacobi, John Hurt and Sian Phillips.

Another adaption of I, Claudius and its sequel either on TV or in the cinema would be welcomed by me too!

Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones (1980) I seen that and never forgot it! The worst part is this horror really happened. If you haven't seen that, watch it. I also read that Leonardo DiCaprio is staring in Jim Jones, the film is in pre production.
I didn't know about the DiCaprio movie. The Sacrament (2014) was based on the Jonestown massacre.

The Guy Who Sees Movies
I'm thinking Nikola Tesla. This eccentric Serbian immigrant invented a lot of the electrical devices we use every day, including AC motors, essential parts of radio transmission, wireless lighting, AC transformers, the high voltage Tesla Coil, and many more. He got shafted out of the credit and money for his inventions by corporate guys, ended up poor and eccentric.

It's not a happy story, but all that equipment and sparks would require great FX.

I'm thinking Nikola Tesla. This eccentric Serbian immigrant invented a lot of the electrical devices we use every day, including AC motors, essential parts of radio transmission, wireless lighting, AC transformers, the high voltage Tesla Coil, and many more. He got shafted out of the credit and money for his inventions by corporate guys, ended up poor and eccentric.

It's not a happy story, but all that equipment and sparks would require great FX.
Good one! I know Tesla's appeared as a character in a couple movies (I remember he was played by Nicholas Hoult in The Current War - 2017), but I don't think he's had a movie made about him.

I was excited when I heard they were making Tesla (2020) but I never got around to watching it. Looking at it's IMDB ratings I'm in no hurry either. I.ve seen a couple of documentaries on Tesla, fascinating is an understatement! I do believe the man could've done just about anything he set out to do, including his experiments to send electricity wirelessly around the world, which I believe is why he invented the Tesla coil for.

There's also other movies, mini series and docs about Tesla
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls056527127/

The article was very successful; the layout was tight, and the content was very good and rewarding. I hope you'll share more with me.

Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius and Nero

Five interlinked movies with each emperor as the main protagonist in their own movie, rather than being a supporting character.

I've had an interest in Rome's Julio-Claudian dynasty ever since I watched the 1970's BBC adaptation of I, Claudius with amazing performances by Derek Jacobi, John Hurt and Sian Phillips.

Another adaption of I, Claudius and its sequel either on TV or in the cinema would be welcomed by me too!
Amazing how they killed themselves out of existence.

How 99/100 versions of this movie would be written:

Movie Starts: Little Nicky Tesla brings home his report card.
Papa Tesla: "You'll never be a great scientist, and you'll never have a car company named after you, you hear me? You got a C? A C??"
Nicky: [music swells] "...wait, say that again."

Columbus

I know there've been several movies made about ol' Chris, but in our more recent times he's become such a polarizing figure surrounded by misinformation that I think we need a fact-based movie to clear things up. (And, to attract a wider range of viewers... include his UFO sighting that is contained in his logs... get some nice special effects in there!)

Even Ridley Scott couldn't quite pull off a Columbus movie.