Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Nah he's not a fit there. There's a path to Charlotte becoming a very good team in the near future. I love the hire of Charles Lee as coach, but they're going to need an organizational commitment to winning. If that happens then there's plenty to work with. Ball not only has to stay healthy, he has to mature and become a man. He's a stud but he plays a very immature game. Miles Bridges must be moved asap. Love his game but his baggage is no good for a growing team. They can build around Ball, Miller, M. Williams, G. Williams, and whoever they draft this year, and they'll have great flexibility with cap space and trade. I see reason to be hopeful.

Tatum showed up to dribble today.
Too many turnovers and he still didn't shoot great but he played as if he was that guy. That's the Tatum Boston needs if they're going to win.

Nah he's not a fit there. There's a path to Charlotte becoming a very good team in the near future. I love the hire of Charles Lee as coach, but they're going to need an organizational commitment to winning. If that happens then there's plenty to work with. Ball not only has to stay healthy, he has to mature and become a man. He's a stud but he plays a very immature game. Miles Bridges must be moved asap. Love his game but his baggage is no good for a growing team. They can build around Ball, Miller, M. Williams, G. Williams, and whoever they draft this year, and they'll have great flexibility with cap space and trade. I see reason to be hopeful.
I jest, I jest.

LaMelo’s contract hasn’t started and his family history suggests he’s made of glass. We lost the PJ trade and he’s showing to be a playoff asset.*

OKC gives hope for a small market team, but they also stole SGA from LAC.

BTW, watch the Hornets win the #1 pick in a down year.

I jest, I jest.

LaMelo’s contract hasn’t started and his family history suggests he’s made of glass. We lost the PJ trade and he’s showing to be a playoff asset.*

OKC gives hope for a small market team, but they also stole SGA from LAC.

BTW, watch the Hornets win the #1 pick in a down year.
I wouldn't make a connection with Lemelo's and Lonzo's injuries.

I also would not say you lost the PJ trade. You're just going off the last few games. Grant Williams also hit 7 threes in a playoff game, a game 7, and Charlotte also gained a 1st round pick in the deal. PJ and Grant are very comparable players and it seemed that Grant did very well after his move to Charlotte while PJ continually disappointed there.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Indy was up by about 40, and that was enough for me. Pistons have been the worst team, and get the lowest available pick (#5). I just hope they trade it for the best defensive player they can get.

At least with the TNT game, you have the Inside The NBA crew after a blow-out.

Indy was up by about 40, and that was enough for me. Pistons have been the worst team, and get the lowest available pick (#5). I just hope they trade it for the best defensive player they can get.
Don't they really need a bucket getter though? Thompson looks very promising defensively but he's not a scorer. Duren can protect the paint but he's not a shooter. I see keep the pick, trade awkward fits Stewart and Ivey, and spend their cap space wisely. Hopefully they don't sign Tobias Harris, a decent player but what would be the point.

Don't they really need a bucket getter though? Thompson looks very promising defensively but he's not a scorer. Duren can protect the paint but he's not a shooter. I see keep the pick, trade awkward fits Stewart and Ivey, and spend their cap space wisely. Hopefully they don't sign Tobias Harris, a decent player but what would be the point.

Duren is pretty lousy protecting the paint, but he can dunk everything in sight. He should improve FT's, and don't care if he can shoot. Fonetcchio is a decent player 14/7, not a bad defender. Stew shot 40% from 3. Cade wants to pass.. Young teams need to run, but you gotta have stops. Even those 3pt % would increase with spacing.

Duren is pretty lousy protecting the paint, but he can dunk everything in sight. He should improve FT's, and don't care if he can shoot. Fonetcchio is a decent player 14/7, not a bad defender. Stew shot 40% from 3. Cade wants to pass.. Young teams need to run, but you gotta have stops. Even those 3pt % would increase with spacing.
Stewart hit 38.3% this year on about 4 attempts per game, not bad but they are mainly open 3's and he's not doing it off the dribble. That's very good if everyone else on the floor can shoot but Duren and Thompson can't shoot a lick as of yet. Playing those 3 together is a disaster on offense and even 2 together is pushing it in an era that sees most players able to shoot. If Stewart is strong enough defensively to play the 5 then his offense is good enough, but then there's no room for Duren. Even if you only have 2 of those guys on the floor, the other 3 need to be above average offensively. Something has to give.

Stewart hit 38.3% this year on about 4 attempts per game, not bad but they are mainly open 3's and he's not doing it off the dribble. That's very good if everyone else on the floor can shoot but Duren and Thompson can't shoot a lick as of yet. Playing those 3 together is a disaster on offense and even 2 together is pushing it in an era that sees most players able to shoot. If Stewart is strong enough defensively to play the 5 then his offense is good enough, but then there's no room for Duren. Even if you only have 2 of those guys on the floor, the other 3 need to be above average offensively. Something has to give.

Stew is really an undersized 5. I thought he was better off scoring inside; as he has a great touch off the glass, but it takes 2-3 guys to box him out for another guy to get the rebound, but it's a stats-dominated league. I think Stew is best off the bench, because he's only 6'8", and can bring energy off the bench. Fontecchio is the stretch 4. Ausar plays great defense, but is a smart offensive player who can bring it up, but is extra special as a second play-maker. When teams give him room, he's very good at making a few hard dribbles, free-throw line fade-away jumper.

The guy the Pistons need to move is Ivey. He's a 2, but can't shoot. He can't defend. He scores when the Pistons are down 40, usually when teams are laid back, he'll go in for a quick lay-up and dunk, but most of the time he just stands in the corner when he could cut, tired out the defenses like Rip Hamilton did.

2 years in a row they were the worst team, but still get the 5th pick.. Besides Cade, I have always wanted them to trade them for a proven guy, mid-20s who can play defense, and hopefully shoot 3's.. Tobias played here before, but he'd score 12 in the 1st quarter, then maybe 3 for the rest of the game, so to the casual fan who look at the box score, it seems like he played alright. He was a mediocre defender, not sure about now with his age. I'm guessing he'd probably want to play for a contending team. And the playoff teams probably won't get rid of Josh Hart, Donte, Anounoby, Derek Smith.. Mikal Bridges is the only hope, because he plays on a horrible team which might want to collect assets.

Stew is really an undersized 5. I thought he was better off scoring inside; as he has a great touch off the glass, but it takes 2-3 guys to box him out for another guy to get the rebound, but it's a stats-dominated league. I think Stew is best off the bench, because he's only 6'8", and can bring energy off the bench. Fontecchio is the stretch 4. Ausar plays great defense, but is a smart offensive player who can bring it up, but is extra special as a second play-maker. When teams give him room, he's very good at making a few hard dribbles, free-throw line fade-away jumper.
I think that's right on about Stewart and he got extended on a decent contract. I wouldn't put much stock into what you saw from Fonetcchio, he's not starter material or a building block. Beware of players who put up stats on bad teams, he's a borderline rotation piece on a good team.

The guy the Pistons need to move is Ivey. He's a 2, but can't shoot. He can't defend. He scores when the Pistons are down 40, usually when teams are laid back, he'll go in for a quick lay-up and dunk, but most of the time he just stands in the corner when he could cut, tired out the defenses like Rip Hamilton did.
I agree that Ivey is the guy to move but I'm not sure what his value is. Whatever it is, this will be the offseason to move him while he still has a couple of years of team control.

2 years in a row they were the worst team, but still get the 5th pick.. Besides Cade, I have always wanted them to trade them for a proven guy, mid-20s who can play defense, and hopefully shoot 3's.. Tobias played here before, but he'd score 12 in the 1st quarter, then maybe 3 for the rest of the game, so to the casual fan who look at the box score, it seems like he played alright. He was a mediocre defender, not sure about now with his age. I'm guessing he'd probably want to play for a contending team. And the playoff teams probably won't get rid of Josh Hart, Donte, Anounoby, Derek Smith.. Mikal Bridges is the only hope, because he plays on a horrible team which might want to collect assets.
Mikal Bridges would be the ideal addition but Brooklyn has yet to show a willingness to move him. If he were on the market, Ivey and #5 is a real solid offer but there's other teams who can easily top it. One advantage that Detroit currently has is their cap space, so they can just absorb a contract like that so that the other team doesn't have to take back any money. There's a lot of value in that. The thing about Brooklyn though is that they don't control their own picks so tanking isn't an appealing option. You probably wouldn't like it but Miles Bridges is another option. His value is really low compared to his on court ability due to his domestic issues.

Draymond Green for the next two TNT games with the crew? 5 guys is way too much, and Inside the NBA is fine as it is.... And almost always better than the game itself.

45 pt win... Geez. Does anyone watch the entire games?
I've been watching all the teams for the last maybe 4 games of each. I missed the first two between Minnesota and Denver.

I'm a Denver fan (and Golden State), and last night was hard to watch.

That game seems like it was over in the first 5 mins. On to gm 7.