Things you need to Buy

Tools    

Random topic, but inspired by Yoda explaining to doubledenim in the Shoutbox why YouTube Premium is totally worth it (it is).

I'll start with an obvious and easy suggestion - Amazon Prime. The TV and movie section is as good as Netflix, plus the perks surrounding that with Amazon ..well it pays for itself. I believe members get a discount when buying a movie or series too, and I have many.

A big bar of gold, or so I have been told.

If you have Prime you can check out Neighbours. You can also get it via the Freevee app but if you already have Prime, go through that.

As for things you should buy. A Hotel Chocolate Veletiser. If you love hot chocolate, it's a thing of wonder and beauty.

My favorite for the money. Even after someone convinced me to buy 2 pairs of Darn Toughs.

The best sock Is the L.L. Bean wool. As long as you don’t mind them disintegrating, whether you wear them or not.

You ready? You look ready.
My favorite for the money. Even after someone convinced me to buy 2 pairs of Darn Toughs.
you’re welcome lol

how they treating you? did you get half cushion or full? crew or micro? i need deets lol

Trouble with a capital "T"
They’re fine. Kinda feel like compression socks 😅
Compression socks...because they shrank? I use to wear nothing but Kirkland merino socks but they shrank and shrank until I hardly could get them on my feet. I've had that problem with other socks from Costco too. I ended up giving them to the Goodwill and buying socks from Penneys Big and Tall shop. Funny thing is, I am neither big or tall.

This post may be better suited for the Home Theater forum, but if you use streaming services, you should get a supplemental streaming device. The software on smart TVs will eventually become obsolete. I can't run Peacock, Shudder or Kanopy on mine, for example.

For those who use them, which one do you recommend (Firestick, Roku, Chromecast, etc.)?

This post may be better suited for the Home Theater forum, but if you use streaming services, you should get a supplemental streaming device. The software on smart TVs will eventually become obsolete. I can't run Peacock, Shudder or Kanopy on mine, for example.
Seconded. When the TV's new the built-in apps are usually pretty good, and they've definitely just gotten better in general, but even though my TV has a bunch of that stuff built-in I still use my Chromecast.

Can't smart TVs have their firmware updated?
I got regular firmware updates, but then, they just stopped. Like old versions of Windows, I think the likelihood of updates happening drops as the TV gets older.

Compression socks...because they shrank? I use to wear nothing but Kirkland merino socks but they shrank and shrank until I hardly could get them on my feet. I've had that problem with other socks from Costco too. I ended up giving them to the Goodwill and buying socks from Penneys Big and Tall shop. Funny thing is, I am neither big or tall.
The Darn Tough socks are the right size, but they feel tight like a compression sock.

I’ve had the KS socks that I saw the one time for years and wear them daily. At the same time, I air dry almost all my laundry.

The Darn Tough socks are the right size, but they feel tight like a compression sock.

I’ve had the KS socks that I saw the one time for years and wear them daily. At the same time, I air dry almost all my laundry.
Smart! I always put the dryer on high heat and get tiny clothes out

I got regular firmware updates, but then, they just stopped. Like old versions of Windows, I think the likelihood of updates happening drops as the TV gets older.
Ah, I see...that makes sense.

...For those who use them, which one do you recommend (Firestick, Roku, Chromecast, etc.)?
I've only used Roku and not the most expensive one. I like it but the remote didn't have volume control so I had to use my tv remote for that. But you can get an optional deluxe Roku remote with volume control and you can buy the remote on Amazon too.

If you have Prime you can check out Neighbours. You can also get it via the Freevee app but if you already have Prime, go through that.
So behind! haven't even got to the Australian Bush week yet.

I need new snow tires.