Old Dinosaur movie from the 50's

Tools    

My buddy at work is trying to find a movie from approximately the 1950's. He was a kid and can't remember much of it other than it being one of his favorite movies (at that time).

All he can remember is the it involves a Dinosaur that somehow gets into a big populated city (he thinks it was New York). He said that dinosaur blood makes the soldiers sick who are trying to kill it.

I know this is a REALLY poor description but... I hope that someone may remember seeing it.

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to help out.... even if your just taking the time to read this!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Best wishes,
Tom

Yep markf... looks like your right!! Thank you very much... you ARE the man! I allready found it for him on DVD and bought it. For those of you wondering about this movie. You can watch the original trailer here:

www youtube com/watch?v=mTGMc-QPBlw
(I had to leave out the dots before and after YOUTUBE because of posting rules)

Thank god that technology has gotten better.... I've had remote controlled toys that are more realistic than this movie.... LOL

He also had me buy him 'SERGEANT RUTLEDGE' and 'THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS'. He is trying to build up his DVD collection with some of his classic movies.

Thanks again everyone... especially you markf!
Tom

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
All he can remember is the it involves a Dinosaur that somehow gets into a big populated city (he thinks it was New York). He said that dinosaur blood makes the soldiers sick who are trying to kill it.

I don't know how much people here have been following the whole thing with 1-18-08/Cloverfield, but some of the rumors I have heard about it sound somewhat similar to your description of this 50's era movie you are talking about.
I saw some posts about the monster involved in this one getting people sick who come into contact with it somehow, and the movie seems to have something to do with a monster that comes from the deep ocean...

...interesting...

He also had me buy him 'SERGEANT RUTLEDGE' and 'THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS'. He is trying to build up his DVD collection with some of his classic movies.

Thanks again everyone... especially you markf!
Tom
The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms is great, and a worthy addition to any '50s sci/fi collection. As a companion to it, I'd also suggest 20 Million Miles To Earth, another great piece of work from Ray Harryhausen. It's not quite as good as Beast, but I still love it.

Once they arrive.... I may borrow them. It sounds like they are worth watching.

By the way... the other movie I picked up for him was "The Thing From Another Planet". I accidently wrote "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" in my closing sentence!

Thanks everyone!
Tom