The deadline for the Top Musicals list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

Audrey Hepburn

Tools    

Audrey Hepburn is without a doubt my favorite actress of all-time. She had elegance, class, beauty and was a gifted actress.

She was nominated for Best Actress 5 times, while only winning once for her performance in Roman Holiday as Princess Ann.

While she was one of the greatest actresses to ever grace the Silver Screen, she was also a humanitarian. She was eventually appointed the goodwill ambassador to UNICEF where she spent much of her time helping those less fortunate.

Here are two excellent tributes to the one and only, Audrey Hepbrn.

Semper Fooey
Emma Thompson says Audrey Hepburn couldn't act. She doesn't do Audrey Hepburn and she is a guy's thing. I suspect she really would like to do Hepburn if it was possible.

Tonight I think I'll watch Wait ntil Dark with Rada. She's never seen or heard of it. It's a great thriller.

Here's a little trivia for you all. Don't look it up. Does anyone know the only R rated film Audrey did?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Wasn't Bloodline rated R?

-----------------------------------

Two of my fave Audrey Hepburn movies and performances which don't seem to get so much love are The Nun's Story (1959) and Love in the Afternoon (1957). Audrey is spectacular in the former, playing the daughter of a doctor (Dean Jagger) and a research scientist who becomes a nun to try to go to the Congo to get first-hand experience. The film successfully shows how difficult it is for a nun to keep her various vows while still taking the viewer on a worldwide tour full of love, suspense and heartbreak. The second film is a Billy Wilder souffle, much in the tradition of his adaptation of Sabrina, where Parisienne Audrey loves to spend her time studying up on the files of her private detective father (Maurice Chevalier). She becomes fascinated with one older playboy (Gary Cooper) and ends up falling for him while trying to save his life from a jealous husband. I highly recommend both films.

Semper Fooey
I'm not a fan of Love in the Afternoon. Not as good as Sabrina, which wasn't Wilder at his very best. Love is one of his weaker efforts with a badly miscast Gary Cooper. Hepburn is fine.

Was Bloodline good? I'd never heard of it, and it looks a little dated to say the least.
It was average. If you're an Audrey Hepburn fan I'd give it a shot. It's based on a Sidney Sheldon novel.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm not a fan of Love in the Afternoon. Not as good as Sabrina, which wasn't Wilder at his very best. Love is one of his weaker efforts with a badly miscast Gary Cooper. Hepburn is fine.
If I had watched this film once, I might have agreed with you. Instead, I've seen it at least a dozen times, so I totally disagree. The ending of Love in the Afternoon is just about spectacular. I also disagree about Sabrina which I've seen even more, but hey, it's Bogart, so what'd you expect?

I haven't seen Sabrina, but I absolutely loved Love in the Afternoon. Definitely spawned one of my first celebrity crushes; bit creepy 'cause she was already dead.

There was a marathon of Hepburn films on that day. With all my swooning, my parents probably thought I was more gay than in love.

Audrey's my favorite actress. She was truly amazing, and I wish she'd made more films. She's the like the symbol of Hollywood beauty.

Top Ten Faves:
1. Breakfast at Tiffany's
2. Wait Until Dark
3. Roman Holiday
4. Sabrina
5. Charade
6. How to Steal a Million
7. Love in the Afternoon
8. Funny Face
9. The Children's Hour
10. War and Peace

Audrey's my favorite actress. She was truly amazing, and I wish she'd made more films. She's the like the symbol of Hollywood beauty.

Top Ten Faves:
1. Breakfast at Tiffany's
2. Wait Until Dark
3. Roman Holiday
4. Sabrina
5. Charade
6. How to Steal a Million
7. Love in the Afternoon
8. Funny Face
9. The Children's Hour
10. War and Peace
I'm with you Dame. She's on top of my favorites list.

If anyone hasn't seen Wait Until Dark get it ASAP. It's one of the great thrillers. Audrey plays a blind woman. It's really great/