Starz is the worst premium movie channel...

Tools    

They will show ad banners DURING the movie, distracting solid colorful bugs that may cover subtitles (and I have witnessed it!),and split screen the end credits so one may not enjoy the end credit musical score. These are the practices that DESTROY the reason for forking out the extra dough and subscribing to a premium channel in the first place!!!

I had no choice to cancel it because of these practices, but I have it free until February because of a Dish Network anniversary gift. My money is going towards renting dvds on Netflix, where I don't have to worry if a television station will "poop" over the programming.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Welcome to the site, since this is your first post I'm not sure if you are real, a plant, spam, or what.

IF that is true, that's very shameful, as much as AMC turning to the darkside around 2001-2002.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I had stars free for like 3 months, the first week it was all good, then the same movies for the next 3 months, I would never pay for Starz, actually I did once but that was just because I was curious about Spartacus, and cancalled quickly after Spartacus had ended.

Spartacus was worth the price all by itself. Blood and Sand also did not disappoint. As long as they give us another season somehow, I'll keep it.

Welcome to the site, since this is your first post I'm not sure if you are real, a plant, spam, or what.

IF that is true, that's very shameful, as much as AMC turning to the darkside around 2001-2002.
I'm real.

Yeah, it's true unfortunately. My postive opinion of HBO (the only real quality premium channel service that is left?) would go south quickly if they ever do these stunts during their programming. I remember them actually ruining the credits a long time ago to show movie talk about the movie that just ended. I hated it because I actually wanted to enjoy the end credit musical score. Plus, I have been exposed to songs I have never heard before that I liked by sitting through and listing to end credit music for a movie I had watched for the first time. At least HBO wised up and quit doing that.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
As far as films go, and I'm not talking original series and boxing like HBO has but strictly films, I've always thought Starz and Encore are simply tops and play the best stuff, but that's shameful that Starz is doing that.

If TCM ever does that stuff (though in the world of Netflix I no longer get TCM) - I'm going to kill myself

Iremember them actually ruining the credits a long time ago to show movie talk about the movie that just ended.
I remember this. I always hated it, too.

I don't really like Starz either, but I think it's because -- aren't they the channel that edits their movies? I know I have it and I believe that's it.

I can't understand why anyone would pay for a movie channel.

I can't understand why anyone would pay for a movie channel.
HBO has some excellent programming, though. I would say the same for Showtime, but the only show I watch on there is Dexter.

i think you are thinking of AMC sexy. They inexplicably edit their movies for content.
There's something I watch that shows movies and they always edit the films. It's something you can find On Demand. I thought it was Starz. It's not AMC I'm thinking of.