Is this botox or CGI?

Tools    

Hi,

Does anyone know how they made Carla Gugino look so young in this scene from Wayward Pines Season 1 Ep 1?
The two images are from the same episode. If you haven't already watched the show, then pls go to the first Episode of Season one at around 34:30 mark to see her 'young' and then at 37:00 to see her 'old'.
Thanks

Hugs

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Botox??? No.

It's lots of make-up and small use of CGI to make people look younger. It's the new "thing" these days. It's not really that noticeable to me, unlike Depp.

To me, the one thing that is always a tell is the eyes. They can't perfect the eyes.

One that I actually liked and thought looked the best was Michael Douglas in Ant Man.

Suspect's Reviews

Whoa. That is simply amazing what a touch of airbrush tool can do in a video. I thought that it is only for the still images. Thanks for the info. You rock.
Hugs

Hi,

Does anyone know how they made Carla Gugino look so young in this scene from Wayward Pines Season 1 Ep 1?
The two images are from the same episode. If you haven't already watched the show, then pls go to the first Episode of Season one at around 34:30 mark to see her 'young' and then at 37:00 to see her 'old'.
Thanks

Hugs

CGI mostly. They're getting better at it. You'll notice it with Michael Douglas in Ant Man is far more advanced than that creepy style with Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy (2010).

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Can't they use old fashion make up to de-age an actor to a certain degree though? I got a job acting in an indie film, and the director wanted me to play a 17 year old, even though I am 33. I didn't think I could pass, and the director said, that's what the make up artists for. I didn't seen the final product yet, but wonder if the make up would have worked well or not. What do you think though, is make up worth doing over CGI, to a certain age range, especially if you can get it right in camera?

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Can't they use old fashion make up to de-age an actor to a certain degree though? I got a job acting in an indie film, and the director wanted me to play a 17 year old, even though I am 33. I didn't think I could pass, and the director said, that's what the make up artists for. I didn't seen the final product yet, but wonder if the make up would have worked well or not. What do you think though, is make up worth doing over CGI, to a certain age range, especially if you can get it right in camera?
Well did you look in the mirror? What did it look like?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It looked like maybe it shaved off a few years maybe, but hard to say. The make up was covering my wrinkles, so I couldn't see past it, but I guess that means it could have worked then maybe.

And I have to say wow, Michael Douglas looks younger in that clip than he did in Basic Instinct.