The deadline for the Top Musicals list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

David Lynch reveals he's unlikely to ever direct again due to health

Tools    

It's sad news for Lynch fans... the legendary director says he's unlikely to ever direct again due to the effects of emphysema....

“I’ve gotten emphysema from smoking for so long and so I’m homebound whether I like it or not. It would be very bad for me to get sick, even with a cold,” he said, revealing that he “can only walk a short distance before” he’s “out of oxygen”.

It’s because of this that Lynch says it is unlikely he will direct again, but if he does, he will be unable to do so in person. However, while saying “I would do it remotely if it comes to it”, he said: “I wouldn’t like that so much.”

Sad news about his career, but even more about his health.
How awful.

I think many film lovers out there, including myself, was hoping for one more film project from this guy. A truly unique voice in the world of cinema.

Thankfully, of course, he’s still alive and hopefully well enough overall, all things considered, if he just don’t push it. I wish him the best. He’s given a lot to cinema, creativity and art in general. I admire him very much.

I think many film lovers out there, including myself, was hoping for one more film project from this guy. A truly unique voice in the world of cinema.

Thankfully, of course, he’s still alive and hopefully well enough overall, all things considered, if he just don’t push it. I wish him the best. He’s given a lot to cinema, creativity and art in general. I admire him very much.
This.