Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Rewatch. Phantom of the Paradise, Body Double, Dressed to Kill, Carrie, Scar Face, Blow Out is my favorite films by Brian De Palma.

The Untouchables , Carlito’s Way, Mission Impossible, sisters and Obsession is good movies to. But the others are in a different level i feel.

Hi Mom (1970) with Robert De Niro is one i am gonna see soon. It is just a movie that has slipped by me for some reason. I have not seen any of his films after 2000. They don’t look very interesting. Just like Sick Boy stated in Trainspotting:
At one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed.

And of course they also mention The Untouchables ( Sean Connery, De Palma.)
It has been over 20 years since i saw The Untouchables, so maby i need to rewatch it, to rate it. And the mention in Trainspotting was coined at Connery, and not De Palma as director.

I have not seen any of his films after 2000. They don’t look very interesting. Just like Sick Boy stated in Trainspotting:
At one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed.
As long as you don't care too much if a movie doesn't make literal sense, Femme Fatale is terrific and the opening scene at the Cannes Film Festival is one of the best sequences he's ever directed.*

It's a last hurrah for when mainstream movies could be unapologetically horny, so of course it was punished with a lackluster critical and commercial reception.*

As long as you don't care too much if a movie doesn't make literal sense, Femme Fatale is terrific and the opening scene at the Cannes Film Festival is one of the best sequences he's ever directed.*

It's a last hurrah for when mainstream movies could be unapologetically horny, so of course it was punished with a lackluster critical and commercial reception.*
Thanks Rockatansky. It sounds promising. That has been one of the elements from his earlier movies that has made them work well. Although in Body Double, he has included a lot of humor. But still, a great film.
This also brings in the point i had intended to write, but i did not want my post to get to long. Scarface was one of my favorite films when i was around 20 years. I also saw The Untouchables, Dressed to Kill and Carlito’s way early on. But i never considered checking up his other films. Before i was recommended to see Body Double.
And that has been the same with his latest films, after 2000. I sometimes make up my mind on films, and don’t even read about them. That is a flaw i have been working on specifically last 10 years, when i started to broaden my horizon. A lot of films that has a slower build up, like Taxi Driver, Drive, Valhalla is typical movies i had negative ideas about. But now that is my absolute favorite genre.
Of course it is much easier to get access to information through blogs,imdb etc.
Around 2008, i started buying films online, i just used to sit on the different dvd sites that sold them, and scroll through the list, and look for interesting films.

A lot of talk today from me. I am staying at a family house for 10 days, and i have access to Netflix, HBO,Viaplay, Apple+, so i have enjoyed a little positive injection of film flow different from my own home situation.

Censor (2021)
I knew the moment I came across it here that I needed to see this. And Michael Smiley, too! Getting Kill List vibes now.

This is fantastic. Lucky me.
Very Lynchian ending, too.

Thanks Rockatansky. It sounds promising. That has been one of the elements from his earlier movies that has made them work well. Although in Body Double, he has included a lot of humor. But still, a great film.
This also brings in the point i had intended to write, but i did not want my post to get to long. Scarface was one of my favorite films when i was around 20 years. I also saw The Untouchables, Dressed to Kill and Carlito’s way early on. But i never considered checking up his other films. Before i was recommended to see Body Double.
And that has been the same with his latest films, after 2000. I sometimes make up my mind on films, and don’t even read about them. That is a flaw i have been working on specifically last 10 years, when i started to broaden my horizon. A lot of films that has a slower build up, like Taxi Driver, Drive, Valhalla is typical movies i had negative ideas about. But now that is my absolute favorite genre.
Of course it is much easier to get access to information through blogs,imdb etc.
Around 2008, i started buying films online, i just used to sit on the different dvd sites that sold them, and scroll through the list, and look for interesting films.

A lot of talk today from me. I am staying at a family house for 10 days, and i have access to Netflix, HBO,Viaplay, Apple+, so i have enjoyed a little positive injection of film flow different from my own home situation.
Looooove Body Double, although part of me wishes we got the version where Annette Haven played the lead role as originally intended.*Not that Griffith isn't great in the role.*And I'll always love Scarface, screw the haters.*