Things that annoy you...

Tools    

People having small fires to burn rubbish... According to our local council you should try to have one bonfire a year when burning GARDEN RUBBISH, a neighbour two doors down has had fire number four or five over the last month burning cardboard, furniture wood and so on.

JUST TAKE THAT STUFF TO THE ****ING RUBBISH DUMP!

It's under a mile down the road, free to use and they have a working car and van...

It hasn't rained today so wanted to keep the upstairs windows open to air the house and had to close them all because a horrible amount of smoke was floating over all the gardens at the back.

Sigh.
It’s illegal here to have small bonfires like this in residential neighborhoods. Husband tried to have one many years ago & the fire dept was here in an instance.

People having small fires to burn rubbish... According to our local council you should try to have one bonfire a year when burning GARDEN RUBBISH, a neighbour two doors down has had fire number four or five over the last month burning cardboard, furniture wood and so on.

JUST TAKE THAT STUFF TO THE ****ING RUBBISH DUMP!

It's under a mile down the road, free to use and they have a working car and van...

It hasn't rained today so wanted to keep the upstairs windows open to air the house and had to close them all because a horrible amount of smoke was floating over all the gardens at the back.

Sigh.
We should get my brother in on this one... he's apparently got an olfactory sensitivity to wood or rubbish fires the way I have to cigarettes. He pretty much freaks out year round over all the people with outdoor wood-burning fire places (no matter what they're burning.)

A family moved in behind us and, for some reason, they cook huge pots of something on an open wood fire (soup?) pretty much every weekend.

Plus he says it's all the global-warming / climate change alarmists who are doing it - making them hypocrites. He claims to know some of them - they want all gas cars banned but have no problem burning barrels of garbage into the air everyday. (I have no idea about any of that, but that's how his usual rants go.)

Ugh trying to buy a book from charity shop today, there's only one woman being served and I patiently wait whilst the woman serving is having some kind of trouble scanning these books, after a lifetime the woman being served has all the books in her bag and the woman serving says can she get them out again as they haven't scanned properly, at that point I just walked out, ****ing ridiculous

The trick is not minding
The fact that too many movies have limited releases in the cinema. Too many movies passed by after a few weeks with little fan fare and it’s disappointing.
The last few years I’ve made a more conscious effort to see these films before they go away, especially if I’m lucky enough to have them appear locally to begin with.
Dream Scenario, Saltburn, The Boy and the Heron and many others all came and went in the blink of an eye and it’s disappointing.

The fact that too many movies have limited releases in the cinema. Too many movies passed by after a few weeks with little fan fare and it’s disappointing.
The last few years I’ve made a more conscious effort to see these films before they go away, especially if I’m lucky enough to have them appear locally to begin with.
Dream Scenario, Saltburn, The Boy and the Heron and many others all came and went in the blink of an eye and it’s disappointing.
You prefer a cinema visit rather than watch a stream?

Wow I go to a small shop to buy some cigarette papers today and the lady says 70p, okay that's 10p more expensive than anywhere else.. ever.. but whatever it's just 10p so I pay her! meanwhile a bunch of lads just walked in the shop, all wearing hoodies and looking malevolent and as Im walking past them to exit the shop this stupid ****ing bitch damn near shouts "75p" making the lads snigger as I turn back to give her the 5 ****ing pence, the robbing ****.

Wow I go to a small shop to buy some cigarette papers today and the lady says 70p, okay that's 10p more expensive than anywhere else.. ever.. but whatever it's just 10p so I pay her! meanwhile a bunch of lads just walked in the shop, all wearing hoodies and looking malevolent and as Im walking past them to exit the shop this stupid ****ing bitch damn near shouts "75p" making the lads snigger as I turn back to give her the 5 ****ing pence, the robbing ****.
You sound very over-heated about a minor incident.

You sound very over-heated about a minor incident.

If the bunch of thugs weren't in the shop it wouldn't of been so much an issue but I'd just got past them to the door and the dozey cow is shouting I owe her 5p, nah honestly I'm still pissed when i recall it, I clearly heard her say 70p which is already extortionate and she had ample time to count the 3 coins before I'd got to the door, ample time, I hope she has a stroke.

I work in manufacturing. I support the mechanics. The mechanics worked over the holiday. That's 5 days of triple time. I filed a grievance as no one was asked to support the mechanics. They turned me down. The b@st@rds!!1

I work in manufacturing. I support the mechanics. The mechanics worked over the holiday. That's 5 days of triple time. I filed a grievance as no one was asked to support the mechanics. They turned me down. The b@st@rds!!1
Off topic: but when I was a security guard we got holiday triple time. When our plant would close for Christmas break (the week between Christmas and New Years) every day of that week was triple-time pay! The added bonus was that since the plant was closed, it was a lot less busy (so on day shift we'd just do rounds instead of manning gates). So you were getting paid three times as much for doing less "work" (or at least having less stress).
If I worked that whole week, I ended up with a paycheck in 4-digits! Sweet!
(Sorry, wrong thread!)

I hope she has a stroke.
Very nice, over 5p you wish someone has a stroke... I wouldn't hope that on anyone. I'm currently taking care of a relative after they had a massive stroke.