Romance
27.27%
15 votes
Sports
23.64%
13 votes
Other (write-in/specify in thread)
55 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Im good with these results. Should probably just close up early. I have a preliminary list put together just needing a little seasoning.

We probably won't leave the poll open for several more weeks. Votes are slowing, so I'll take a look on Monday and adjust the close date. Probably another week total, or so.

I think it should have been a public vote.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Perhaps musicals are a cure and escape from the constant cynicism of our world.

I don't believe there are 18 people on this forum, let alone in the world, that like musicals enough to vote for it.

I don't believe there are 18 people on this forum, let alone in the world, that like musicals enough to vote for it.
Musicals are awesome! I am shocked and disappointed that everyone didn't vote for musicals.

So if no one else votes and it ends in a tie, does that mean we do a countdown of the best musicals from the 90s?

Why not have someone who can prove they didn't vote for either decide? All they have to do is take a screenshot of menu, showing the one(s) they voted for italicized.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Good grief...We all have things we like and don't like...but let's not go off the deep end and start suspecting cheating when the poll doesn't go the way someone wants.

I mean I don't like animated or horror and yet I supported both countdowns, in fact I championed the last horror countdown because I knew the Corries had just arrived and I thought it might help them decide to stick around and join in our MoFo traditions.

Trouble with a capital "T"
To be fair as the poll is so close I suggest we do both a 90s redux and a Musical countdown...Not necessarily at the same time like we did with the noir/neo noir.

The 90s Redux could have a shorter watch period and the Musical countdown a longer period so that the actual reveal of the Top 100 for each does not conflict with each other....when the 90s finishes the Musical reveal of the Top 100 could start (say like 2 weeks or so after the 90s finish).

That would work, it just means Yoda would have to clear his data base quicker than normal. But if he's willing to do that we ALL can have a fair shake.

It's an interesting "offer," the idea that as a consolation prize we just decide here and now to do the other right after. It would certainly be nice to just know exactly what's next and plan accordingly, have time to find a host, rather than spend a solid month picking candidates and then voting.

Honestly, now that you mention it, I'm tempted to suggest that should be the policy going forward, where the runner-up (or the one that loses a tiebreak, if that happens) is just automatically second in line. Really incentivizes people to vote even if they think theirs might not win, too.