Things that annoy you...

Tools    

YouTube... Several years back all these commercials started showing up on YouTube, so I downloaded a free adblocker and: problem solved. Until recently, that is. Now YouTube tells me I either have to disable the adblocker and watch the commercials or subscribe and pay to watch YouTube.

The commercials are insidious... some you can "skip" after a few seconds at the beginning of a video, others have a countdown after which your video will start. But then, if the video is over a couple minutes long, another commercial just pops on - so no more making playlists of music or listening to long presentation or show without commercial interruptions (and if you're not at the computer to skip them upon prompting - like you're doing something else and just wanted to listen to music or a news report - then you may have to listen to multiple commercials).

Trouble with a capital "T"
YouTube... Several years back all these commercials started showing up on YouTube, so I downloaded a free adblocker and: problem solved. Until recently, that is. Now YouTube tells me I either have to disable the adblocker and watch the commercials or subscribe and pay to watch YouTube.

The commercials are insidious... some you can "skip" after a few seconds at the beginning of a video, others have a countdown after which your video will start. But then, if the video is over a couple minutes long, another commercial just pops on - so no more making playlists of music or listening to long presentation or show without commercial interruptions (and if you're not at the computer to skip them upon prompting - like you're doing something else and just wanted to listen to music or a news report - then you may have to listen to multiple commercials).
Try one of these ideas: https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-skip-youtube-ads

This all changed last week according to my YouTube experience. Suddenly all the very short ads disappeared and in their place are now very long ads that cannot be skipped. I cannot watch a 3 minute ad that then segues into a 4 minute ad. So annoying.

Ads that pop-up on YouTube mobile can be circumvented by clicking refresh. Doesn’t work for desktop/streaming.
Will try this.

Invidious a front end to YouTube that is commercial free.
FreeTube is an app that runs YouTube without commercials and tracking.
Search for what video you want to watch on YouTube here

^ Do those get through the youtube age restriction?
Invidious did the last time I tried, that's probably the main reason I'd use it but that doesn't come up much.

The search suggestions/auto complete in browser windows. As soon as one starts to type-- whammo, a long list of words or subjects that fit the letters you've typed come up. Very distracting. Do they not think anyone can complete their own search subject anymore? Maybe they can't...

Anyway I have to disable the feature every time I open the browser, or it drives me nuts!

Turner must be "turning in his grave."
J.M.W. Turner was very controversial in his time. He was more than once accused of being mentally ill.

It's annoying when people judge and criticise you based on the movies you watch, especially when they haven't even watched them.

(This wasn’t on here. It was on Filmboards.com)

Maybe someone can help me with this annoyance... I have a Dell desktop computer with Windows 10.

In my settings I selected "never" for when to enter a sign-in password to activate the computer. (Even when I go back to check, it hasn't been reset: "never" is the setting still selected).

Sometimes after I turn the computer back on after it was off, it will just go directly to my desktop, but other times it asks me for my password.
I'd say it's about 50/50 as to when this happens.

Why does it require a password half the time when I have it set to "never" require a password, and why would it sometimes take me right to the desktop, but other times ask for a password (why is it inconsistent)?

Maybe someone can help me with this annoyance... I have a Dell desktop computer with Windows 10.

In my settings I selected "never" for when to enter a sign-in password to activate the computer. (Even when I go back to check, it hasn't been reset: "never" is the setting still selected).

Sometimes after I turn the computer back on after it was off, it will just go directly to my desktop, but other times it asks me for my password.

Why does it require a password half the time when I have it set to "never" require a password, and why would it sometimes take me right to the desktop, but other times ask for a password (why is it inconsistent)?
Haven’t a clue, but surely someone somewhere here can help you.

Window's philosophy:

Joke aside, try this:
A computer gets locked when you lock it or it goes to sleep. However, requiring a password at unlocking is a simple setting you can disable. You can find it here:
Start Menu -> Settings (gear) -> Account -> Sign-In Options -> Require Sign-in.

Change: "When PC Wakes up from Sleep" to "Never".

*I found that on the internet, hopefully it helps you.