MoFo Fantasy Football 2024 - Sign-Ups

Tools    

I'm realizing that I'm getting more and more out of touch with football and sports in general. I barely even watch football or any sports for that matter. I also don't post here very much anymore. If there's another member here that wants to try this out, I'd be willing to give up my spot. I'm not quitting but I thought I'd throw it out there. I haven't looked back in the thread so I don't know if anyone new even had interest in joining.

I'm realizing that I'm getting more and more out of touch with football and sports in general.
I'm with you on football, I pay much less attention than I did even just a few years ago. But I pay way more attention to baseball, so it's more a transfer.

I barely even watch football or any sports for that matter. I also don't post here very much anymore. If there's another member here that wants to try this out, I'd be willing to give up my spot. I'm not quitting but I thought I'd throw it out there. I haven't looked back in the thread so I don't know if anyone new even had interest in joining.
I think we're probably too close to the draft for that, but nice of you to offer for next year and beyond. We seem to have a pretty steady interest level, maybe one or two new people per year at most, so we're not usually hurting for spots OR owners most years.

I'm keeping my same team name, the LOVE Brokers (reference to the 1982 comedy Night Shift, if you didn't know). In my other Yahoo league, where I have been playing since 2016, my team name has always been the Blutarskies. I wanted to use Double Secret Probation, but Yahoo doesn't allow enough characters for that. This has been my team logo for years...

But I am in a THIRD league this year, going in with my office mates, and using ESPN instead of Yahoo (first time for me). I have enough space to be Double Secret Probation there, with the Bluto pic. So after eight years I am changing my name in my initial Yahoo league. I shall be Shirley Serious.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I posted this link on Facebook and now here if anyone would like to join a Autodraft league, 12 teams, just for fun. Figured if everyone is autodrafting it would be fair across the board.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...0d3a302c96d258

How it’s tweaked is up to Yoda, and I guess we’ll vote on it. I understand how the points work but as I stated, it’s inconsistent as I noted above. It shouldn’t be -6 for the first TD and then just -3 for the second TD. It doesn’t make sense when it’s the same amount scored either way. You get more of a penalty for the first TD than you do for the 2nd and 3rd one.
Maybe it should work the opposite way.
But perhaps something like -3 for the first TD, -3 for the 2nd, -4 for the third.
At 21 points, the first ten points spotted are erased, which is how it almost works already but not with such a huge penalty swing for that first TD. Which again, is a huge hit and inconsistent with the next 2 TD.
The above suggestion needs some tweaking tho, for sure.
I think it makes sense for the first TD to carry a heavier penalty than subsequent TDs, as it rewards elite defensive performances. If a defense posts a shut-out, they deserve to be rewarded with a nice little bonus. However, I agree that it's silly and a bit outdated that 14 points allowed nets only 1 point for fantasy defenses.

Another slight tweak that I propose for next season is making 60+ yard FGs count for 6 points instead of the current 5. That used to be a moot issue because nobody kicked 60+ yarders, but we're seeing it more often nowadays.

I'd like to create a pick 'em group for us, but first want some feedback on everyone's preferred scoring format.

My preference is for confidence picks, where you rank each game based on how confident you are in the winner. It's a fun wrinkle and it makes it easier for people to climb back in the standings if they get off to a bad start. Or we could pick against the spread (which I'd rather not do). Or just stick to the standard format where each correct pick nets a point.

Well, nobody chimed in, so I just went with the same settings as last year, except this time we're only including the regular season.

Yahoo Pro Football Pick'em
Group ID#: 35932
Password: mofo

Feel free to invite friends and family if you'd like. It doesn't have to be exclusive to mofos.

This is gonna be the first time I'll get off work, log on, and find out whose on my team. Interesting.

A system of cells interlinked
Guess I should do a little research...

Last minute Larry, over here!

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Very excited to once again be disappointed by how much better you guys draft than me.

#JusticeForHamilton

I already had one draft, last week, which I am pretty happy with. Ours is today, then I have a third tomorrow afternoon.

I have two today and three Tuesday night. Tuesday's are all at the same time. Yeesh! I'll try to juggle doing the 2 pay leagues Tuesday at the same time but I'm going to have to auto draft in the free/fun league.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
I'd like to create a pick 'em group for us, but first want some feedback on everyone's preferred scoring format.

My preference is for confidence picks, where you rank each game based on how confident you are in the winner. It's a fun wrinkle and it makes it easier for people to climb back in the standings if they get off to a bad start. Or we could pick against the spread (which I'd rather not do). Or just stick to the standard format where each correct pick nets a point.
I enjoy the confidence format

Tongo with best draft per yahoo
lol! I don't think a team has ever won the championship that had a A+ Yahoo draft grade.

My grade was a C-, or as George Costanza once opined, "Right in that meaty part of the curve."

And of course TONGO largely autodrafted to an A+. Computerized Bot's pet!