The deadline for the Top Musicals list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

New Rules for the New Year

Tools    

Good to nip this in the bud before Trump selects Movie Forums as his new platform since he's been banned from most other social media.

Are masks required on the MoFo?
Kinky mask party! Oh yes darling pleeeasee

Geez just when I was starting to feel comfortable enough here to throw up a wall of text laying out all my political ideas and how you're all wrong even if you agree with me. "Rhet...Rhet...where shall I go? What shall I do?"

Good to nip this in the bud before Trump selects Movie Forums as his new platform since he's been banned from most other social media.
Nominated for "Post of the Week!"

Captain to Captain.

I'm with you on this, Yoda. Leave politics out of the Movie Forums.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

A system of cells interlinked
Sooooo...boobs are still out?
Where? Show them to me immediately!

Probably a solid call. I mean. Twitter is really where it's at if you wanna get political and tell people to f*ck off at the same time.

Hi everyone.

[*]What counts as "political"? Anything you'd generally avoid in polite conversation with mixed company. Stuff you wouldn't go near on a first date or job interview.
You know whats crazy though Yoda at my interview for my current company (mid size tech start up) we talked about how the company supports BLM ... and impeach trump posts are very common in the workspace chat. It must be very hard to be a conservative in a big city rn, I definitely act more liberal than I am in the workforce

Bumping this, since I've had a surprising number of people express confusion (perhaps feigned in some cases, but certainly not all) about what constitutes "politics," taking it overly literally, I suppose.

Also bumping it to say I'll ramp up enforcement as necessary. I don't make any money from this site and am generally very busy, so all my work here, including moderation, just comes out of my personal time. So when someone creates a lot of work poking around the margins of the rule or generally toeing the line, I'm liable to take it personally. And if I think someone is doing that repeatedly, I'll act accordingly.

Basically, I'm asking for good faith engagement on this, in all directions. Got a question? Ask. Need a clarification? Same thing. And don't assume that if you see something and it hasn't been removed, I must be fine with it. I can't possibly read every post. Maybe I haven't seen it. Maybe there's a mitigating circumstance. Ask, rather than making assumptions.

And try to treat all political talk the same, rather than reporting the stuff you hate and looking the other way if you happen to agree. We all benefit from keeping this place about movies and stopping it from becoming like most of the rest of the Internet, but that means applying the rules as evenly and fairly as possible. And I can't do that by myself, so please, help when you can.