Rules that should exist on MovieForums

Tools    

Trouble with a capital "T"
i tried to download an avatar. can't get it to work
Let's ask @Yoda to help.

BTW, I'm glad you're here at MoFo we're just goofing off on a fun thread and being silly Nuttin wrong with being silly now and then

Let's ask @Yoda to help.

BTW, I'm glad you're here at MoFo we're just goofing off on a fun thread and being silly Nuttin wrong with being silly now and then
No problem, I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to pics and images.

When I first signed up here, I couldn't post images, I couldn't find settings, it seemed difficult...It took me awhile to get the hang of it, then everything was easier after awhile. Hang in there you'll get it!

That's fine. One thing that always helps is to be specific. Something not working could mean almost anything. But if you say I did X, and Y happened, or I got this error message (ideally copy and pasted), that'll allow me or someone else to help a lot quicker.

That's fine. One thing that always helps is to be specific. Something not working could mean almost anything. But if you say I did X, and Y happened, or I got this error message (ideally copy and pasted), that'll allow me or someone else to help a lot quicker.
usually says invalid file

usually says invalid file
I seen you said you like High Noon so I made you an avatar from that, no obligation to use it of course. But if you want to try it copy the URL of the image below and enter it on your EDIT AVATAR where it says:
Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website

I seen you said you like High Noon so I made you an avatar from that, no obligation to use it of course. But if you want to try it copy the URL of the image below and enter it on your EDIT AVATAR where it says:
Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website

so copy image address after http://www.?

Copy the entire address, all of it.
so i press use custom avator, then i paste in the link and hit save changes - i get the same message: invalid file

so i press use custom avator, then i paste in the link and hit save changes - i get the same message: invalid file
You can download a picture to your device, computer, table or phone and upload it to the site as well. That's what I do.

Copy the entire address, all of it.
I got it to work Thanks. Will Kane it is.

You can download a picture to your device, computer, table or phone and upload it to the site as well. That's what I do.
thanks, it worked

I got it to work Thanks. Will Kane it is.
Cool, looking good! I'm happy to post an image if you want a different 'face' for you avatar, just post and I'm happy to help.

Yeah, downloading and then uploading is usually the way to go. It's impossible to know exactly why it failed without seeing the URL, but my guess is it was a script generating the image so it didn't have a normal URL.

Cool, looking good! I'm happy to post an image if you want a different 'face' for you avatar, just post and I'm happy to help.
I will stick with it. Cooper is one of my favorite actors and I live the Will Kane character.

Yeah I like Cooper too. Have you ever seen Friendly Persuasion (1956)

I have seen it. A good anti-war, war movie.