The Official NFL Thread

Tools    

Get ready for every outlet to feign that people give a ____ about player’s health.
I realized last night that Damar Hamlin is playing again.

The last great QB turned announcer that was just plain bad at it was Joe Montana. Brady's in good company.

The Ravens are 0-2. ha ha. I am a Steelers fan
The Saints crush the Cowboys.
The Chargers are looking good under Harbaugh
The Vikings are 2-0 and also look good.
The Giants are 0-2 and can't beat Washington

Are there more holding calls than ever in the NFL??

Steelers are 2-0 with another ugly win over the Broncos. They will get a test against the Chargers next week.

Chiefs win 26-25 over the Bengals in a back and forth game. The Bengals are 0-2

Let it be known that I hate football right now

Let it be known that I hate football right now
Why?

a tough loss to the raiders.

Ravens seemed to be everyone's favorite preseason pick to win the Super Bowl and I still dont understand why. I think they are a good team of course, but I'm not sure Lamar has done enough to convince me that he will ever win one.

My Bucs are 2-0 after we got revenge against Detroit who knocked us out of the playoffs last year. Baker Mayfield is playing better than he's ever have before.

My Steelers will get a test against the Chargers today. The Steelers won two games on the road in unimpressive fashion.

My Steelers will get a test against the Chargers today. The Steelers won two games on the road in unimpressive fashion.
Oh, nice, a fellow Steelers fan. I'm not especially die hard (once they won their second Super Bowl during my lifetime I just kind of chilled out. That and just sort of growing up and realizing sports fandom is often just pure tribalism). From Pittsburgh, or just grow up during the 70s dynasty, or something else?

Oh and yeah, I'm still not a believer in this team. Haven't been for 5-6 years. The offense just isn't there, and hasn't been for a long time. If it were even average, then we might have something, but otherwise it's just a whole lot of noise to get into the playoffs and get immediately bounced. Hard to get excited about that.

Oh, nice, a fellow Steelers fan. I'm not especially die hard (once they won their second Super Bowl during my lifetime I just kind of chilled out. That and just sort of growing up and realizing sports fandom is often just pure tribalism). From Pittsburgh, or just grow up during the 70s dynasty, or something else?
the first steelers' super bowl win i remember was against dallas in i think 78. dallas could have easily won it but a receiver dropped an easy catch in the end zone. i think his name was charlie jones. it has stuck with me over the years.

Oh and yeah, I'm still not a believer in this team. Haven't been for 5-6 years. The offense just isn't there, and hasn't been for a long time. If it were even average, then we might have something, but otherwise it's just a whole lot of noise to get into the playoffs and get immediately bounced. Hard to get excited about that.
it's been years since they have had a competitive team offensive wise.