post a one hit wonder you like

Tools    

"Tainted Love", Soft Cell
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

More 1970s

Elvin Bishop - Fooled Around and Fell in Love

Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town

Vicki Sue Robinson - Turn the Beat Around

Nazareth (one-hit wonder in US) - Love Hurts

Roxy Music (one-hit wonder in US) - Love is the Drug

This isn't a hit (thus not a wonder)... People who remember their TV show, know that Sha-Na-Na was basically a cover band that brought doo-wop music to a 1970's generation (they also played at Woodstock in 1969!). They had a small number of their own songs (usually on the B sides of their albums). I believe this is one of them.

@nyctc7 Nazareth also had this tune. I always felt Stone Cold Steve Austin should have came out to the ring with it.

Nazareth also had this tune. I always felt Stone Cold Steve Austin should have came out to the ring with it.
"Now you're messin' with a son of bitch" is a very memorable lyric (and hook). This one got (and gets) a lot of airplay (IIRC) so I'm really surprised it apparently didn't chart in the US or the UK.

Beautiful song from Walter Egan - Magnet and Steel

chevy van by sammy johns

I like this song because it's about someone coming out of a relationship where they were only used & taken for granted (like most of mine)... and they are beginning to see the bright side of starting out again living a single life...

I like this song because it's about someone coming out of a relationship where they were only used & taken for granted (like most of mine)... and they are beginning to see the bright side of starting out again living a single life...

a great song and a great example.

This was released in 1986 and I'm sure not many remember it. I was 19 yrs old back then.

More 1980s

Gary Numan - Cars (one-hit wonder in US)

Devo - Whip It

Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny

Quarterflash - Harden My Heart

Modern English - I Melt with You

After the Fire - Der Kommissar

Scandal - The Warrior

Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me

ten years after