MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

Pretty sure Adam's actually at 98.5, the StatTracker is "dumb" about IP limits so it's giving him two points in pitching categories that aren't going to count when the day is processed.
Ouch. I was wondering cause his offense isnt at the rate to move a needle. He doesnt know this or he wouldnt have bothered slotting them in.

He actually had an outside chance at winning (or tying for first) if the offense had a big day. He would've needed like five homers and a good chunk of RBIs. Not likely, but not implausible either, so he was right to load up on whoever he could find. Not like there's any downside, either.

Congratulations Chris !!
I was hoping youd do a season recap from your perspective as Im sure itd be better than mine.

Woohoo, I won more categories than anybody else!

Wait, that wasn't the goal?

Oh, well, good job, Yoda...

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Congrats Chris! Unbelievably managed as usual. Another disappointing season for me. Of course, I plan on studying like crazy to be ready for next year. Meaning, I will be printing out cheat sheets the night before as usual. Fun season. Great job everyone. Go Yanks!

#JusticeForHamilton

A system of cells interlinked
Well, would you look at that!!

Anyway, congrats to Chris for yet another clinic on how to play this game. I made a couple of critical errors that are still haunting me today as the season is closed out.

Dropping Brent Rooker - Really stupid move, as this guy would have helped my team big time with counting stats. I even raved about him early in the season and told people to play their A's. Sure, we know this guy, he always falls off and goes on big slumps, right? Not this year.

Relief - I still can't get my head around how to properly balance saves and holds, so I careen wildly back and forth, ending up near the top in one cat and the near the bottom in another.

Drafting old codgers - I thought I could squeeze another good season out of Goldy, but he was underwhelming the entire time. He was slugging enough to not ever really become droppable, but he ended up dragging my team down over time.

Anyway, fun stuff! As relentless as always, and it will be nice to take a break until next season, but I will still miss checking in with my team every morning.

Onward!

Just copying and pasting "Congratulations Yoda!" at this point. It seemed like this year took a little work though didn't it? It was an exciting finish, for sure.

With this group of players, I feel good with a top 5 finish and being in third as late as late August. I screwed up chasing QS about midway through the season (he's pitching against Chicago? How can he not get a QS? 5 2/3...****!) and burned through my innings which ultimately cost me a couple spots.

Congratulations to Sedai too for tying Adam for third place!

Cmon Yoda, please do a season recap...

This is like the busiest week of my life so at minimum it'll have to be next week.
Only if you want to. You put alot into this place already.

This is one of those times where I probably shouldnt say aloud what I just found out. One cause itd make me look bad, and two because nobody will believe it, especially since I just noticed it today of all days.
Believe this or not - I just noticed for the first time, after sixteen years playing in this league, there is a "Overall Standings - Distance from the Competions" chart at the bottom of the Full Standings page. I was just too lazy to keep constant track of the stats manually for what I needed, and just focused on trying to strengthen my weak ones. Until Chris told me to protect my strong ones too, so I tried to keep an eye on that some at the end of this season. Yeah.

Hey congrats to Tongs and Seds for what i think is their highest finishes to date. This a tough game to wrap your mind around. Chris is always on his game so if you do not manage until the very end he will get ya. And so will several other members of this league. Thats why this league is so fun. Its insanely competitive. I kinda took the year off and it shows but I hope to bounce back next year. See you all next season I hope!

League page shows both myself and Adam with a bronze trophy, but stat tracker just has Adam in the final standings. A new trophy in my case or not, it was a hell of a season!

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Only if you want to. You put alot into this place already.

This is one of those times where I probably shouldnt say aloud what I just found out. One cause itd make me look bad, and two because nobody will believe it, especially since I just noticed it today of all days.
Believe this or not - I just noticed for the first time, after sixteen years playing in this league, there is a "Overall Standings - Distance from the Competions" chart at the bottom of the Full Standings page. I was just too lazy to keep constant track of the stats manually for what I needed, and just focused on trying to strengthen my weak ones. Until Chris told me to protect my strong ones too, so I tried to keep an eye on that some at the end of this season. Yeah.
Don’t worry, I look at that all the time and it didn’t help me a lick.

Looks like I got a shiny bronze trophy, after all. Silver in 2020, silver in 2022, and bronze in 2024. Let's keep it rollin' next year!

I notice I somehow received a bronze in 2009, which I believe is the first year I played. Not sure how that happened!