when did this site start??

Tools    

July 14th, 2000. Probably one of the longest running forums at this point.

I started it when I was 15.
@Yoda Besides Austruck, who is the longest running member that still posts on the site?

I was 14.

It started a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

You ready? You look ready.
it was right after Yoda was sure that whole Y2K business was bologna.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I was four.

A system of cells interlinked
I recall thinking to myself, back in 2003 or so... "What they heck am I doing hanging out on a site run by teens when I am such an old fart?"

I think I was 32 years old at the time.

Meanwhile, I was spending most of my free time hanging around at raves spinning records and wasting time. I am pretty much a completely different person these days, but I still love cinema, and MoFo is still a daily part of my life.

Oh my, I just started receiving my social security checks.

@Yoda Besides Austruck, who is the longest running member that still posts on the site?
Still curious about the answer to this.

I was 31 when it was formed. Got here at the age of 39.

Yowza.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I should note that it depends on what "still posts" means, though. If it's still posts with regularity, yeah, Holden. If it's someone who still posts occasionally (maybe a couple of times a year), then Sir Toose, who tends to pop in around the holidays still (last seen: January).