when did this site start??

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
When I joined, the mods were Yoda, OG, Bullet, Toose, and Caity, I think. I don't recall if Slay was also a mod or just acted like one

Maybe Spuds, too?

I joined right in the middle of the Django fiasco!

No Slay, but yes, Spuds too. Speaking of, he doesn't post any more but we're still friends on Facebook (OG-, too). If you decided to count that, both joined earlier than the other members mentioned so far.

Congrats for keeping the site up and running for so long.

Any plans to celebrate the big 25 next year? A party? One heck of a countdown? Gifts for all the regularly active posters?

Congrats for keeping the site up and running for so long.
Thank you!

Any plans to celebrate the big 25 next year?
Not sure. I'm going to try to come up with some cool stuff, if I can. Hopefully life isn't too busy and I can do it justice. For the 20th I hosted the All-Time Refresh List and went all-out in the process.

Maybe I can just finish some long-awaited site features or upgrades, share some fun stats from over the years in an infographic. That kinda stuff.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Thank you!

Not sure. I'm going to try to come up with some cool stuff, if I can. Hopefully life isn't too busy and I can do it justice. For the 20th I hosted the All-Time Refresh List and went all-out in the process.

Maybe I can just finish some long-awaited site features or upgrades, share some fun stats from over the years in an infographic. That kinda stuff.
A podcast with some of those guests would be fun. Not that I get a vote, but that hasn’t stopped any of us mofos from spouting off for 25 years, why break tradition now.

#JusticeForHamilton

A system of cells interlinked
Thank you!

Not sure what help I could provide, but if you need any help, even just bouncing ideas, let me know!

In 2000, I was 33 yrs old but didn't join until 2013 and I was 46 yrs old.

I have left 3 times but returned. I don't know what the future holds but I hope to stick around longer.

Every time I have returned, I have made new friends. My longer running friend here is Mr Minio. I miss him not being around. He thought I was young when I joined but I am old enough to be his mother. Thank God he doesn't call me that.

Swan, MovieMeditation, Honeykid, Neiba and Citizen Rules are other close friends from shortly after I joined or they joined. They all understand my weirdness.

Yoda has always been polite and patient with me. He's great when seeking advice as well.

The trick is not minding
Every time I have returned, I have made new friends. My longer running friend here is Mr Minio. I miss him not being around. He thought I was young when I joined but I am old enough to be his mother. Thank God he doesn't call me that.
It would be weird if he was to start calling you mommy.
I prefer calling you Fairy Gore Mother.

Thank you. There are several here I am close to that are my daughter's age.

You wanna hear something funny, back when Sexy Celebrity was here. He created a MOFO Prom thread. He tried talking Minio into making me his date. That's when I informed both of them my actual age.

The amount of humorous replies that started going through my head when I read that part of MovieGal's post were so many that I decided not to make a reply at all!

The amount of humorous replies that started going through my head when I read that part of MovieGal's post were so many that I decided not to make a reply at all!
Oh I can send you some crazy posts other members made about me. One was made when I took my first hiatus and Boy, did it get out of hand. It went on for several pages.

When i joined maybe 5yrs ago it was funny, me in my tech savvy laziness just typed in "movie forums" into google and picked one of the first ones, and found this very modest site. It amazes me how small the internet seems sometimes.

I started here in the oughts, sometime after 9/11. I was Beelzebubbles. I remember Sexy Celebrity, MarkF and Miss Vicki from wayback. I was in my 40s. My life went haywire and I returned after things became more settled.

Maybe I can just finish some long-awaited site features or upgrades
Everyone gets a helmet in the mail just like from 3 Body Problem.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I feel like a Wiley vet around here at almost 15 years in February. I joined my senior year of college when I really started getting serious about watching movies. And I'm still here.

Do we still have a list of most posts lurking around here?
It's a little tucked away, but yes. It's @honeykid (66,000 even as I write this, actually).

You're 10th, coming up on 35k.

I'm #4th on the post amount list at 43,787. Make that 43,788 now I guess I need to try harder!
where do you see this?