Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

Tools    

She drives the War Rig, so that's a pretty high rank.
The rank is "Imperator", which I suppose can be interpreted as a "General", but her occupation in Fury Road is never shown as anything other than a driver and that's all you were going off of.

She DID have Joe's respect. She was the one who killed Joe's top enemy, Dementus.
The only case you have for that is before she even did so, when Joe decided to adopt her because she was honest about how she was being treated, after which she had to go into hiding and disguised herself as War Boy. I don't think her relationship with Joe is ever developed past that point onscreen, so there is no arc of her "rebelling against Joe" and then "regaining Joe's respect", because Joe's never involved in that dilemma and by all appearances Joe doesn't even know that the Furiosa of Fury Road is the girl he bargained for in the prequel.

Yes, I know I was wrong about the hand. But that would have been a better scenario. When Furiosa cries "Remember me?!"to Immortan Joe in Fury Road, it's different than how the War Boys cried it.
Sure, it would be cool if that was a premeditated callback, but instead they just had her repeat "Remember me" as a callforward to her saying it again to a completely different character, as though it's a catchphrase.

Personally, I don't think Furiosa needed a catchphrase, especially when certain lines like "Witness me" and "What a lovely day" were so much more memorable and weren't forced into the story just to tie it in with what as ultimately a very a different movie.

I never said Fury Road needed a prequel. Would the prequel have been slightly better if Immortan Joe had been the one who took Furiosa from her home, and taken her arm? Yes.
I will agree with you there. At least Hemsworth is Australian, but he still feels like such a forced big-name casting choice... not unlike Tom Hardy for that matter, but also just far too goofy to treat seriously.

We already had the goofy side characters, we didn't need a new one supplanting the Big Bad we already established and already played by the OG Big Bad Mad Max villain.